These Buffalo Chicken Wraps are made with tangy buffalo chicken, lettuce, carrots, cheese, and creamy dressing. It’s a quick tasty 5 minute lunch idea.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
This is a quick lunch idea that uses leftover chicken, and takes only 5 minutes to make. It’s my go-to when I want to change up the usual, and hit it home when it comes to taste.
There’s nothing better than my Buffalo Chicken Dip, a popular appetizer or snack that we make quite often. If it’s one of your favourites as well, why not transform this delicious taste into an easy lunch idea to prep you for the upcoming school year.
Gone are the ordinary plain and soggy sandwiches, wraps are where it’s at. The best part about making wraps (aside from the ease), is that you can easily change up the taste with little effort. So make sure to put this one in your rotation for back to school lunch ideas.
We all know back to school can be a difficult transition, yet one of my biggest tips is to utilize those leftovers. By cooking one or two whole chickens (or more than needed chicken breasts) one night for dinner, you can easily have yummy leftovers that can be used for days of lunches.
BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAPS TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Rather than have separate hot sauce and buffalo sauce, I always use Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce.
- You can use either blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing.
- Any type of lettuce is fine, use what you have on hand or your favourite.
- Any leftover chicken will do, even tenders to make a crispy buffalo chicken wrap recipe.
- What type of tortilla should you use? Any of course!
- When it comes to cheese, any shredded will also do.
- If making these to send for school, put the lettuce next to the tortilla, it prevents any sogginess before enjoying.
As you can see, this entire wrap recipe is totally customizable. From the type of cheese, tortillas, lettuce – make it how you want. You can even add more or less Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce to suit your spice preference. Sometimes we need the reminder that small swaps make all the difference in changing up a meal.
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN?
Since I’m a big fan (I’m looking at you, Buffalo Chicken Wings) I’m well-versed when it comes to what to serve with buffalo chicken. The answer time and again is raw vegetables. I love buffalo chicken with carrot sticks, celery sticks and other vegetables and dip. They just go so well together, and makes it all the more healthy.
For another buffalo chicken flavor check out our Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe. It’s delicious.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded or pieces
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (or blue cheese dressing)
- 4 large tortillas
- In a bowl, combine cooked chicken and add the Franks Hot Buffalo Sauce. Toss to evenly coat.
- Lay out the tortillas and add the lettuce, chicken, cheese, carrot and top with drizzled salad dressing of choice.
- Fold and wrap the tortilla burrito-style and enjoy.
Serve with a side of hot sauce or dressing - and more veggie strips
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 794mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 27g
As always, look for that ‘Raised by a Canadian Farmer’ logo when choosing your chicken at the grocer (or ask for it to be brought it!). This guarantees quality while supporting those that work so hard in Canada.
Canadian chicken farmers are committed to sustainability through innovation, by preserving the health of the land, providing value to Canada’s economy, & making affordable food for Canadians. Our job is to simply support with our purchase power.
To learn more about Canadian Chicken, connect with them online – Facebook: Canadian Chicken, Twitter: @ChickenFarmers, Instagram: @ChickenDotCA and Pinterest: ChickenDotCA. I suggest starting at the Chicken Farmers Website where you’ll find great inspiration for your next mouthwatering meal, and more back to school recipe ideas.