These crispy Air Fryer Churro Bites are soft & chewy inside, made with angel food cake & coated in cinnamon and sugar. Including a delicious cream cheese sauce for dipping.
Having an air fryer has been a game changer for me. If you have one as well, I bet you’re trying to air fry all the things like I am. It’s a simple way to cook food fast, and to get a ‘deep fried’ taste without the use of oil, cutting down the calories.
Of course I’ve been using my new favourite small appliance to make food such as Air Frier Fried Chicken (restaurant style at its best) and of course the ever-popular (and with good reason) Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
I thought it was high time to venture into the air fryer desserts side. Let me tell you, it’s a good side to be on, my friends.
Starting off as easy as can be, I wanted to make Spanish churros in air fryer, yet I didn’t have dough on hand, but had made angel food cake the day before. Was it possible? Can you air fry a churro? Could I make angel food cake churro bites in the air fryer? Yes and YES!
These Air Fryer Cinnamon Churro Bites are easy-peasy thanks to a box of angel food cake mix. Everyone loves cake, so this is a variation between two loves and the result is pieces of goodness that won’t last long.
Air fryer churro recipe balls will become your new favourite air fryer recipe. It’s perfect for using up a box of angel food cake, or you can buy them already made in the bakery at most grocers. You’ll love the simplicity, both in time and ingredients.
How to Air Fry Churros
Air frying is just like deep frying without the oil. It uses circulated air to cook all sides, and in fast time. I’ve found almost all foods that you’d normally deep fry can be made int he air fryer. This is why this appliance has become so popular.
We all correlate churros with being deep fried, it’s what makes them churros! Yet since the air fryer works as deep fryers do, yet without the oil – it’s a healthier swap to justify eating more bites.
How to Make Air Fryer Angel Food Cake Churro Bites
Making the these famous cake balls takes just 3 simple ingredients and could not be easier. You’ll need:
- angel food cake pieces cut into cubes
- The first step is to cook your cubed (already cooked) cake pieces in the air fryer 5 minutes on 350.
- Then you coat the pieces in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. I add the pieces to a large bag, add the mixture and gently toss to coat evenly. Voila!
- Dip the bites into a cream cheese dipping sauce that is a mixture of sugar, cream cheese, milk, and butter.
- Enjoy again and again.
This cream cheese dip pushes these delicious bites over the top. I’m a HUGE fan of cream cheese icing, it’s my favourite frosting ever. You can also make your favourite chocolate and/or caramel sauce as well.
Print and save this in your collection of recipes using boxed angel food cake mix, and in your favourite air fryer desserts list.
- 1/2 Angel Food Cake, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter, softened
- Place the angel food bites in the air fryer. Spray with oil and cook on 350 for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar together and pour over the churro bites. Pour bites and sugar mixture into a gallon size bag and shake until bites are coated.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix until smooth. For thicker sauce add more sugar, for thinner, add more milk.
- Try these with a chocolate and/or caramel dipping sauce too
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g