Baked Feta Pasta with Chicken is a quick meal made with simple ingredients. Inspired by the viral TikTok recipe, you’ll love the addition of chicken!
I wasn’t going to post this, I really wasn’t. Yet after making Baked Feta Pasta due to online hype, it was really too good not to.
The kids and I made this recipe twice in one week, which is not a common occurrence. So it’s a well deserved highlight here on the blog.
My kids come to me all the time with a ‘watch this’ while shoving a phone in my face. More often than not, it’s a TikTok video. On one such occasion of social media pushing, it was Feel Good Foodie’s viral Tik Tok video. The foodie in me was very intrigued, indeed.
It’s a super simple recipe, proven by many kids making it themselves. I mean – tomatoes, feta and pasta? Yes please! No wonder it’s breaking the internet.
When I set out to make this recipe, I knew I wanted to protein-pack this baby. I immediately thought this needed a meat in order for it to be perfect.
My go-to when it comes to protein? Chicken! The final result was one amazing meal, that will most certainly be made time and again.
How to Make Baked Feta Pasta with Chicken
One of the perks of this recipe is the few and simple ingredients. Make sure to watch my video tutorial on how to make my version of this popular recipe.
For ingredients you’ll need:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Pepper to taste
- Cooked diced chicken
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesean Cheese
- Basil, fresh or dried
Tips for Perfection
CHICKEN: My version of this popular viral recipe calls for cooked chicken. This is a great opportunity to use up those leftovers if you have them. Alternatively, you can cook chicken ahead of time, or use rotisserie if you’d like.
PASTA: Choose a type of pasta that has some pick-up to it, so the seasoning and flavour combines well with the pasta. I suggest rotini or fusilli.
BASIL: Since I’ve made this more than once, I tested dried vs fresh basil for this recipe. Fresh basil does taste better and adds more colour, yet the taste is so similar when using dried basil. If you have picky kids that would just pick out the basil anyway, you may as well use what you have on hand.
So, if you have all the ingredients except fresh basil, don’t let that stop you from making this recipe. Yet, if you have to shop to cook, grab some and you won’t be sorry.
ENJOY IMMEDIATELY: This pasta is best served immediately. I find this dish cools down very quickly, so plan to dine as soon as it’s ready. If you are serving breadsticks, pop them in the oven right after the tomatoes and feta finish cooking. I have found that the breadsticks are done cooking, at the same time that the finished dish is.
LEFTOVERS: Having leftovers of this recipe is a stretch. Yet if that does happen, you can refrigerate in a sealed container. Reheat in the microwave, yet you might just need a splash of milk if reheating is too drying.
Many time I’ve said to my kids, “Don’t believe everything you see on TikTok“. When this dish proved to be such a winner, the kids reminded me of this phrase which comes out of my mouth often. This is one instance when I totally admitted I was wrong.
All in all, it’s no wonder that feta is being sold out across the world. This is a popular dish for a good reason. It’s delicious and easy, plus it’s a great one to get kids excited about cooking.
So, when it comes to this recipe and the bandwagon: I’m not gonna do it girl, I was just thinking about it, I’m not gonna do it … I DID IT!
- 1 small pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 8oz block of Feta Cheese
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp dried Basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 10 oz Pasta, fusilli or rotini
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a casserole dish
- Place block of feta cheese into the middle of the dish, so the tomatoes are surrounding it.
- Drizzle olive oil over both the cheese and tomatoes
- Sprinkle with pepper
- Place into the oven and set timer for 35 minutes. While in the oven, start cooking the pasta if you haven't already. After 35 minutes, if top of cheese isn't browning yet, cook for an additional 5 minutes
- When done, take the casserole dish out of the oven and using fork, smash the tomatoes and cheese until combined
- Pour in cream, basil, parmesan, chicken and pasta. Stir until combined and serve immediately.
- - If you have fresh basil, use 5-6 leaves, chopped (instead of dried basil)
- - If you love garlic, add 1 tsp after heavy cream
- - Sometimes tomatoes can be salty, so it's suggested to taste when complete and add some if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g