With 5 simple ingredients and in 30 minutes, you’ll have made White Chocolate Coconut Truffles. Melt in your mouth, and easy to theme for holidays.
Some of my favourite desserts and sweet treats are those made on the fly when the craving hits. Better still, are those with few simple ingredients, which usually doesn’t mean a trip to the store to prepare.
These chocolate truffles have an irresistible combination of coconut, white chocolate, vanilla extract, butter and cream.
Truffles for ANY Occasion and ALL Holidays
What I love best about these truffles, is that you can easily customize this recipe to suit any occasion and holiday. As you see here, these ones have a Valentine’s Day flair to them. Yet you can just as easily decorate for other occasions and holidays as well.
You can use festive decorations as I did this time, or colour the shredded coconut before the final roll. The classic white look is elegant, yet can be easily changed to suit the occasion.
You can also add extract of your choice such as rum, almond and even banana to root beer. I’ve also been known to add some flavoured liquor as well, for the adults to enjoy.
Chocolate Truffles are a standard treat recipe that can be enjoyed in so many ways with a simple swap or two.
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Truffles
The key to melting chocolate is to carefully and slowly melt it in the microwave. Chocolate is very sensitive to heat, and can burn easily. So make sure to start with 30 seconds of melting, stop, stir and then melt for 20 seconds. Repeat until it’s smooth when stirred.
Next you add in some of the shredded fine coconut, butter, vanilla extract and cream. Mix and refrigerate for at least an hour! Once it’s cool and firm, you can roll into bite-sized balls and then roll again into coconut.
If you’re not a huge coconut fan, try finely chopped nuts or candies. Again, there’s room for preference when making this truffles recipe.
This is one easy recipe that earns a spot in our My Organized Chaos recipe box. For ease, versatility and phenomenal taste – chocolate truffles are made for us to enjoy and also can be packaged for gifting!
More Valentine’s Day Recipes:
- 1 and ½ tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 cups white chocolate, broken into medium size pieces
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cup coconut, finely shredded
- Melt the white chocolate in microwave until smooth and creamy, at 20 second intervals, stirring in between sets. Make sure not to burn the chocolate (or use double boiler method to melt the chocolate on stove).
- Add in around ¾ cup of shredded coconut followed by butter, vanilla extract and cream. Mix everything and cover the bowl with plastic wrap, place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once the mixture the little firm, spoon out 1 tablespoon per one truffle and form them into balls using hands.
- Once done, roll the truffle balls into the left-over coconut and refrigerate until firm.
- Store the truffles in airtight container in fridge.
- Serve and Enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g