This Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake has 6 delicious layers which consist of ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping, fudge, and crushed Oreos. Repeat and you have the perfect sweet treat that could not be easier!
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
We’re so excited that summer is just around the corner. So much in fact, we’ve already been trying to entice the season with a perfect frozen dessert that will go perfect after a hot summer day.
We buy ice cream cakes from time to time, yet like my Blueberry No-Churn Ice cream recipe, I’m here to prove that it’s simple to make these types of recipes from home!
On the heels of our Cookies and Cream Cupcakes, it’s once again time to shine a spotlight on Oreo’s!
This Oreo Ice Cream Cake makes for the perfect no-bake dessert during the warm summer months. The best part is, it takes just 4 store bought ingredients.
Ice cream sandwiches are great on their own, we’ve been enjoying them for decades. BUT, they are a wonderful staple in making you very own easy ice cream sandwich cake.
HOW TO MAKE ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE
A lot of people shy away from making ice cream cakes, success sounds difficult – yet it doesn’t have to be. With this recipe, you simply layer store bought ingredients. The hardest part is waiting the hours of freezer time, trust me.
The layers for this Easy Homemade Ice Cream Cake are:
- Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Whipped Topping
- Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Crushed Oreo Cookies
To assemble, simply layer the above twice and freeze before serving. It’s one of those simple recipes that I almost feel silly posting, yet truthfully – most people don’t think of making it.
STORING & TRANSPORTING TIPS
How long can you keep an ice cream cake in the freezer? This recipe is similar to all other ice cream cakes. You can store for about 5-7 days, well covered, to keep its flavour and texture.
When I say ‘well covered’, use an airtight container or multiple layers of plastic wrap or foil. Freezer burn on an ice cream cake is possible, and you want to avoid that.
How to transport an ice cream cake without it melting? For short distances, transport straight from the freezer still wrapped, and keep it in the shade.
If transporting a longer distance, you could place in an insulated bag or cooler, with some ice or ice packs added to the bottom.
Many people I know have made this Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake for birthdays to everyday desserts. It could not be more simple, and sometimes the easiest recipes are indeed the best ones.
Here are more wonderful summer dessert recipes for you to try:
- Chocolate Raspberry Cream Pie
- Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
- Blueberry Shortcake
- - 24 Ice cream Sandwiches
- - 12 Oreos, crushed
- - Hot Fudge Topping
- - 8 oz Whipped Topping, thawed and divided
1. Add a layer of ice cream sandwiches in a pan
2. Spread a layer of whipped topping on top of the sandwiches, use about half of the container
3. Drizzle hot fudge sauce over the whipped topping
4. Sprinkle half of the crushed Oreos on top
5. Repeat steps 1-4 once again.
6. Freeze the cake at least 30 minutes or until serving. Cover the cake if freezing for longer then a couple of hours.
7. Allow to thaw about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- - You can use homemade whipped topping or store bought
- - Can be kept in the freezer for 5-7 days, well covered.
- - If you can't find hot fudge sauce, any chocolate topping sauce will do
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g