With a 10 minute prep, you’ll love this easy and delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala with its mushroom and garlic creamy marsala sauce.
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Chicken Marsala is a popular and classic dish, yet most order it in restaurants. Yet did you know how easy it is to make this dinner recipe at home?
I love the savory taste of slow cooked chicken in a garlic, mushroom and herb sauce. Everyone at the table remarked at how tender the chicken was too. BONUS!
My kids aren’t big fans of mushrooms, so while they picked out the actual mushrooms out of this dish, they loved the mushroom sauce. Go figure!
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
This Crockpot Chicken Marsala recipe is a dump and slow cook recipe. It has an easy 10 minute prep too, so you can get this started before you leave for the day,
If you’d like to brown the chicken for a bit first, that is up to you. It’s not necessary to this recipe, yet some might have that preference.
To make: add the chicken into the slow cooker along with the seasoning, garlic, mushrooms and marsala wine.
Marsala wine should be available at most stores, yet you might have to ask for assistance in locating it.
In a pinch you can substitute marsala wine for chicken broth, as well. Of course the taste will be less authentic, yet it’ll still be flavourful and delicious.
In crockpot fashion, allow to slow cook for 5-6 hours. Then you take out the chicken and add cornstarch then heavy cream to the sauce, so it makes a thicker creamy sauce.
The resulting chicken will be so amazingly tender that it might want to fall apart somewhat on transfer. That’s ok!
Once the chicken is re-added to the slow cooker, allow to simmer for about a half hour until sauce has thickened.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
Usually I serve my crockpot marsala over broad cooked noodles. Yet mashed potatoes or rice would also be great choices.
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
- Jerk Chicken
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bolognese
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
With this slow cooker chicken marsala recipe, the chicken slowly soaks up the wonderful flavor of the sauce producing the tastiest chicken ever.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sweet marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Grease your slow cooker and add chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper to your liking
- Top chicken with garlic, mushroom slices and marsala wine. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside. Whisk together water and cornstarch until dissolved, and add it to the sauce that is in the crockpot. Whisk to combine.
- Switch the slow cooker to high setting, and add the heavy cream. Whisk again
- Transfer chicken back to the slow cooker , cover and cook for another 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm topped with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- - you can substitute marsala win for chicken broth if you are in a pinch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g