With this LASAGNA SOUP recipe, you get all the flavours of a delicious hearty lasagna yet in a comforting soup form. Just like homemade lasagna, without all the work.
I adore traditional lasagna and have one fantastic recipe for it, yet truth be told, I hardly ever make it. Most often, I just don’t have time, as it’s quite a tedious recipe with all that time-consuming layering and steps.
I think this is why I made these Petite Lasagna Cups many years ago, using wonton wrappers instead of pasta. I wanted that shortcut on making it, without sacrificing on taste.
Despite the work involved in making traditional lasagna, it is one meal that I absolutely crave. Especially this time of year, I need that classic comfort food but rarely have the time or energy to make it.
Do you drool over Lasagna too? It’s the combination of the delicious cheeses, pasta and combined taste. I’m shaking my fists at yummy meals that just don’t fit into the schedule!
Actually, this is why I adore my Slow Cooker Easy Lasagna recipe. Not only is it convenient thanks to the crockpot, but it’s a dump and eat meal.
It’s just as hearty and filling as this Tomato Vegetable Hamburger Soup. If you’re looking for a great soup recipe, this one is amazing.
This Lasagna Soup recipe is the ideal solution as it’s with all the goodness in a traditional lasagna. You got your beef, tomatoes, herbs and that melty cheese that just takes it over the top. So I found two shortcuts to having my lasagna, in the slow cooker and now in soup form. Yay!
LASAGNA SOUP IS LIKE LASAGNA IN A BOWL
This quick lasagna soup recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner that will fit into your schedule. And the taste – amazing.
Don’t shy away because of the ingredients list, I know at first glance it might seem like a lot of work. Most should be items you already have on hand in your pantry.
I don’t want to rush summer by any means, but this really is the perfect fall and winter warm-up meal. Yet it’s also a soup that we enjoy at least once every summer, again those cravings hit no matter the season.
Another great variation to try, and if you have time, is this Butternut Squash Lasagna.
CAN I FREEZE LASAGNA SOUP?
Yes, you can freeze lasagna soup, yet I’d do so before the addition of the pasta and cheeses. Yet since you could freeze each of these separately, as well – it’s a great freezer meal to have on hand.
I adore soups that eat like a meal, it’s one-bowl goodness that is like a meal without much of the fuss.
Browse through the recipes here on My Organized Chaos and you’ll see that I’m crazy for soups. So, I do have some suggestions if you’d love some more to try …
More Hearty Soups to Try:
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Tuscan Barley Soup
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Creamy Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- Creamy Chicken Stew
I do have a ton more, yet that is a great start. Yet you definitely landed on the right page with this quick lasagna soup recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 900 ml chicken broth
- 2 156 ml can diced tomatoes
- 2 156 ml can tomato sauce
- 2 cups broken lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- pepper and salt to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- In a large greased pot on medium heat, start to brown the ground beef with the onion and pepper, add in minced garlic when almost done. Drain and place back on stove
- Stir in seasoning, brown sugar, broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer gently for approximately 20 minutes
- Add in broken lasagna noodles and stir, continuing to simmer until noodles are cooked, about 10-15 minutes
- Stir in parmesan cheese, ladle into bowls and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and fresh parsley if desired
- provide salt and pepper to taste, if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 722Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 875mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 37g