These Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are a spicy party appetizer that is a healthier low carb vegetarian version to chicken wings.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Truth be told, I really wasn’t sure how this recipe for Buffalo Cauliflower Bites was going to taste. After all, they are no Buffalo Chicken Wings.
So really, how good could anything be as wonderful when you swap something amazing such as chicken wings with a vegetable like cauliflower? Yet my daughter asked me to make these, as she loves the vegetable.
Plus, I am one that loves to swap out carbs when I can. I gave Cauliflower Fried Rice a try, and have fallen in love with this healthy swap for rice.
Then theres my Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash, a great alternative to potatoes. Let’s call this another cauliflower swap of success!
Turns out, I couldn’t hold back. These bites were so good, I kept reaching for more. Go figure! This is a healthy recipe that is so delicious you might not even miss the chicken.
These surprisingly addictive Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are an easy appetizer for your next gathering or game day. It’s great to have options when serving to guests!
Cauliflower has an amazing way of taking on the flavour of whatever it’s cooked with, so it’s the ideal vegetable swap.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Tips:
- Make sure the florets are cut on the larger side, as small ones will tend to get mushy and not crisp up nicely.
- Pair with a rich and creamy dressing. Blue cheese dressing is great, yet a good ‘ol standby of ranch will also do just fine. Don’t forget the veggie sticks, to mellow out the heat and add another health choice. Carrot, celery and cucumber sticks are our go-to!
- Serve with toothpicks, so stab and dip. It’s less messy.
Much like with these cauliflower buffalo bites, this tender white vegetable tends to take on the flavor of whatever it’s cooked with. So, if you’re like me and are not crazy about the taste of cauliflower, you have absolutely nothing to worry about when you make this buffalo cauliflower.
Tender on the inside and crisp on the outside, these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites have a delicious kick. Follow my recipe or add less hot sauce just in case some like a mild taste, yet have more on hand for those that prefer them hot!
Crunchy, spicy and perfectly matched with a cool and creamy dip with veggies, this is a fantastic appetizer recipe to serve at your next function. These you can indulge in, with no guilt!
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into large bite-sized florets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place cauliflower florets in a large ziplock bag. Drizzle with olive oil and salt, seal bag and gently toss to coat.
- Place contents on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning florets once.
- Check florets often for tenderness inside and a crisp outside. Keep in mind that baking time will vary depending on oven.
- Once cooked to preference, remove from oven. Melt butter in the microwave in a medium sized bowl and then add the buffalo sauce.
- Toss cooked cauliflower in the bowl, to coat. Place back on pan and into the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm with your choice of veggie sticks and dressing to dip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 579mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 1g