These Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings are a perfect appetizer game day food with an incredible combination of sweetness and spiciness in every bite. Crispy and delicious!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
You also Can make wings with NO OIL, using an air fryer as well. Our Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings have a delicious sweet chili taste.
With a perfect balance of sweet and spicy, this easy chicken wings appetizer recipe is sure to please a crowd, your family and most definitely yourself!
If you follow the recipes here on My Organized Chaos, you might have already noticed that this is the third chicken wings recipe that I’ve posted in a short amount of time.
You could call it a recent mad-craving or just an obsession. But how can you blame me – chicken wings!
Let’s just say I’m set to prove that you can easily make your favourite restaurant or pub appetizer at home. For a fraction of the price at that!
Chicken wings are an ideal go-to for gatherings where a crown-pleasing appetizer is required. Yet oftentimes I make chicken wings as your protein main, accompanying fresh veggies and dip, and sometimes also a salad.
Not just as an appetizer, I make chicken wings all year long and often for no occasion at all.
How to Make Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings:
You don’t need to fry and make that mess, or stink in the kitchen. This is a healthier and equally yummy way to cook crispy chicken wings. The secret is to bake, coat with honey sriracha sauce and then bake again.
It’s the double bake that seals in the flavour and provides that to-die-for crisp.
I actually made all three of these varieties in one day. Actually, all these chicken wing recipes start out the same in directions yet finish with different yet equally amazing flavours.
So if you want variety for your next gathering, making all three of these is easy peasy.
Sriracha is one flavour that I absolutely love, so it might be one of my favourite wing varieties ever. Recall my popular Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken Skewers recipe? Similar flavour on a stick, on the BBQ – so make sure to check this one out for the upcoming summer season.
For my fellow wing lovers, this recipe is for you! And for those that aren’t Sriracha-convinced quite yet, let me sway you to the delicious side. One sticky finger licking wing at a time!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice, or juice squeezed from 1 fresh lime
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- toss chicken wings in oil and place them on the parchment paper, making sure they don't overlap. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy
- While wings bake, melt butter in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in honey, sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil and then let simmer until sauce is thickened. It should take only a minute or two.
- When wings are baked, coat each one in the honey sriracha sauce and place back onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes, then glaze again. Broil once more and then they should be done!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 20 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g