These Smashed Red Potatoes are simple to make and so delicious. They are tender on the inside yet amazingly crisp on the outside after roasting. Add sour cream and green onions and they’re Loaded!
Smashed Red Potatoes
Red Potatoes are always a hit in my home. I think our craze started thanks to our favourite Oven Roasted Red Potatoes recipe.
It sparked trying new potato recipes and adding blends of perfect spices, which is how my Crispy Oven Rosemary Balsamic Potatoes recipe came to be.
These Smashed Red Potatoes follow along the same lines of deliciousness. They are so tender and soft on the inside because they are initially boiled. Then smashed, sprinkled with a blend of perfect spices and then baked int he oven. I love the crispy outside bits when completely done.
This is the perfect side dish to any meal, total comfort cooking at it’s finest. If you’ve never had smashed potatoes before, you are in for quite a treat.
I made one pan of easy smashed potatoes and then told the kids to dish onto their plates. I had turned back around to get some for myself and they were gone!
Of course it was simple to make more, as I had some boiled red potatoes leftover for which I thought would be a different recipe. It’s a good thing I had the plated smashed potatoes from the photos on the other counter to eat while more were baking.
Yo can serve Smashed Red Potatoes as they are and they are fantastic. Yet I also suggest you kick it up a notch and make them Loaded Smashed Red Potatoes, just by the simple addition of sour cream and green onions. AMAZING!!
Enjoy this fun and yummy recipe, it’s definitely one to try and fall in love with!
- 24 small red potatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of boiling water with a tsp of salt added. Boil for about 20 minutes or until soft to poke with a fork. Drain water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients under Seasoning Mix together in a bowl.
- Spread about half of the olive oil onto a baking sheet and spread around using a spatula or pastry brush
- Create 4 rows of 4 potatoes, and smash each one gently either using a potato masher or simply a fork if you wish
- Use the pastry brush to brush the remaining olive oil onto each potato
- Sprinkle each smashed potato with seasoning mix, amount will be as desired yet I was generous in the sprinkling
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges and tops are crispy
- Optional - add sour cream and chopped green onion to make these Loaded Smashed Red Potatoes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 5 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128 Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 466mg Carbohydrates: 1g