Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad is light, healthy and fresh – full of vegetables and topped with warm spicy chicken, avocado and a creamy cilantro dressing. It’s a salad that is so full of flavour, your tastebuds will be very pleased.
Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad
One of my favourite salads to order in a restaurant is Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad. Did you know how easy it is to make it at home, and for a fraction of the cost? Just like this Ramen Noodle Salad, it’s a hit and won’t break the bank.
The tasty combination of colourful ingredients in this fiesta of a salad is jam-packed with fibre, protein, plenty of vitamins, minerals and even good fat.
This Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad combines chicken, romaine, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado and a tangy and mildly spicy creamy chipotle ranch dressing into a flavour-packed meal that will fill yo up with goodness.
While it’s optional to add tortilla strips and shredded Mexican cheese, I highly suggest doing so. It brings the flavour of this salad over the top.
Enjoy this wonderful salad recipe my friends!
If you are looking for other salad recipe to try, may I suggest this corn and avocado salad which uses a couple of the same ingredients.
Another take is taco salad which is a massive hit with my family and friends. For something completely different yet incredibly delicious, this dill pickle pasta salad is for you! The newest is my Oriental Chicken Salad, in the running for current favourite!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Chicken: Mix 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, ½ tsp cumin and ¼ tsp salt together in small bowl. Rub 1 tablespoons of olive oil over all sides of your chicken breasts. Then sprinkle seasonings on your chicken breasts, turn over and coat the other side too.
- Place chicken breasts on preheated grill, on low- medium heat. Cook about 4-5 mins then turn and cook another 4-5 more mins or until inside temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Dressing: Mix sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and salt together in a bowl or in a blender to mix well.
- Salad: Assemble the lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado and chicken in a large bowl. Top with dressing.
- OPTIONAL: Add tortilla strips and or shredded Mexican cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1411Saturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 349mgSodium: 2236mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 26gSugar: 11gProtein: 114g