This easy 6-ingredient recipe for Slow Cooker Cherry Coke BBQ Pulled Pork has that smoky BBQ and sweet cola flavour that makes for a tender, juicy, and flavourful pulled pork.
Slow Cooker Cherry Coke BBQ Pulled Pork
I do believe one could never have enough slow cooker recipes. For instance my Slow Cooker Baked Ziti recipe is one of my favourites. This one for Slow Cooker Cherry Coke BBQ Pulled Pork is also a must-try indeed.
Quite possibly the best pulled pork you’ve ever had, this recipe gives such a tender, juicy, sweet, and smoky meat. With just 6 ingredients, if you include water and salt and pepper, you can make this on the fly as long as you have some BBQ sauce and a can of Cherry Coke on hand.
I don’t need to list the reasons why I love using the crockpot, the convenience and ease is obvious. It’s handy to use on a summer day when you’re out all day, to those other months of the year when the schedule allows for little time to supervise dinner. I just love coming home to a meal already cooked!
Sweet and tangy flavours that just can’t be beat – I love this BBQ Cherry Coke Pulled Pork recipe!
What to do with pulled pork:
When you make pulled pork, the day of and leftover pulled pork – is so very versatile. Amazing on it’s own, you can also make incredible meals and side dishes with it.
- in between bread or lettuce wraps to make a sandwich with coleslaw.
- as a topping for nachos, fries or pizza.
- inside quesadillas.
What are some of your favourite ways to use pulled pork?
If you are looking for more to try, start with my Slow Cooker Apple Pork recipe, it’s just as easy and a whole different kind of delicious. I also have many slow cooker chicken recipes, like this incredible Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala.
This wonderful slow cooker lazy cabbage rolls recipe is simply amazing.
- 1 3-4 lb pork shoulder (butt) roast
- 1 cup cherry coke, for cooking process
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, your favourite, I used Sweet Baby Rays Original
- 1 cup cherry coke, for sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Rinse and pat dry roast. Season with salt and pepper, and place in the slow cooker insert
- Add the 1 cup of cherry coke into the slow cooker bowl, cover and cook on low for approximately 6 – 7 hours, or high for 4 – 5 . ** see notes below
- When cooking time is complete, with 2 large forks, remove the pork and begin to separate (shred) the meat into strands. When it’s all separated, set aside.
- Drain the cooking liquids from the inside of the insert. Discard
- In a bowl, mix together the remaining 1 cup of cherry coke, the bbq sauce, and the cornstarch slurry
- Pour into the slow cooker bowl and add the shredded pork.
- Turn the slow cooker back up to high and let it cook for another ½ hour to an hour. Enjoy!
Pork.org suggests to cooking the pork until “tender”, not giving it a specific internal temperature. I usually don’t go by temperature, as by the time that the pork is able to be shredded, it will be fully cooked. However, if you prefer to know temps, then please refer to this site: pork.org/cooking/pork-temperature/
CORNSTARCH SLURRY: Mix together the cornstarch and water, combining well as if you leave it the mixture untouched for a minute or two, the cornstarch settles to the bottom of the bowl. Mix it well just before adding into the sauce mixture to ensure you use all the cornstarch.
#7 – This is an approximate cooking time. All slow cookers heat to different temps at varying rates. My slow cooker only needed a half hour to come to temp and thicken, but yours might be slightly different.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 698Sodium: 2959mgCarbohydrates: 169gFiber: 2gSugar: 137gProtein: 2g