This Oriental Chicken Salad is an Applebee’s copycat recipe. It’s a tasty salad with a homemade asian inspired dressing – so fresh, delicious and good for you!
Oriental Chicken Salad
I just have to say, Oriental Chicken Salad recipe has quickly become one of my all time favourite salads next to Ramen Noodle Salad. Also, that’s at first taste. AMAZING just doesn’t cut it.
When I first served this Applebee’s oriental salad recipe, my kids were disappointed that I didn’t make more and immediately requested that I make it the next day as well. I’d consider a salad request a huge deal.
The secret that makes this salad great is the combined textures, from the fresh lettuce to the crunch of the chicken, chow mein noodles and sesame seeds.
You’ll be able to tell by the photos, I totally forgot to add the chow mein noodles when I took photos, and realized after I was done and eating. Not wanting to stop eating, I shrugged my shoulders and decided the photos could do without.
So while the addition of the chow mein noodles is totally optional, they do add a nice crunch so I do recommend.
A big bang to this recipe though is the homemade oriental dressing, the flavour isn’t comparable to any other and gives this salad recipe that kick it needs.
Also important to note, is how easy this is to make, even more so if you have leftover crispy chicken strips on hand. I’ve learned my lesson, make double so another salad can be more easily made the next day.
Also check out this BBQ Chicken Salad, it’s another copycat entree salad that will leave you full, and happy!
Made at home for a fraction of the cost, this Applebee’s copycat oriental chicken salad recipe is one I’ll make time and time again. Really, if you take away anything in this post – it’s just to simply try it.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 4 crispy chicken fingers, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds for topping
- 1/3 cup crispy chow mein noodles, optional
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- If the chicken fingers aren't already cooked, do so as per package instructions
- Toss the romaine, cabbage, carrots and green onions into a mixing bowl to make the salad
- Prepare the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisking until smooth
- Place salad on a plate or bowl, add the chow mein noodles if desired, place cooked chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with desired amount of dressing. Top with some sesame seeds as desired, which are mainly a nice touch but I think they also add to the texture to make this salad great.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 23g