A favourite appetizer is now in dip form with this Jalapeño Popper Dip recipe. Warm, cheesy with just the right kick, it’s easy and mess-free.
Jalapeño Popper Dip
Don’t you just love appetizer dips as a snack or when guests come over? My favourites include White Bean Hummus – with homemade crisp pita chips, and this BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip ever. Yet I think my Dill Pickle Dip will be a hit with anyone who loves pickles.
When making non-dip appetizers, on occasion I make Jalapeño Poppers. While the kids can only take so much because of the spice – I have found it’s always a hit with the adults in a gathering.
This easy Jalapeño Popper Dip recipe is taking that beloved favourite into a dip form, making it much simpler to make than stuffing individually. It’s a mess-free version of the same taste to enjoy as an appetizer.
Plus, since you control the amount placed on a cracker or chip, even those who don’t care for spice take take a little and still enjoy.
This dip is creamy, cheesy, spicy and loaded with familiar flavours. It’s a warm dip recipe that has a crunchy crumb topping that will be a surprise hit at the next party or when watching the big game.
For a dip recipe that also has that latin kick, you must check out this Mexican Fiesta Dip. Or, if you need a dip with less of a kick, try this Warm Mushroom Dip. And of course there is always the go-to fan favourite – classic Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
Happy dipping – YUM!
- 2 8oz pkgs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided in half
- 1 4oz can green chilies, diced
- 1 4oz can jalapeños, diced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and spray a 9inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese using a hand mixer until creamy. Then add mayo, shredded cheese, ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, green chilies and jalapeños. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Spread into your pie pan.
- In a small bowl combine your panko bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of your cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with chips or crackers of your choosing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2967 Saturated Fat: 91g Cholesterol: 392mg Sodium: 4658mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 72g