This Instant Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe is creamy and delicious with spinach, chicken and a blend of perfect spices. It’s a filling soup perfect for lunch or dinner, or simply when the craving for a comforting soup hits. ready in under 30 minutes!
Instant Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup
The day after making this Instant Pot Tortellini Alfredo, I had some left over tortellini and chicken that I couldn’t see go to waste. I don’t purchase tortellini often, and since it’s a special treat for us – I wanted to make something unique with it.
Knowing what a hit it was to make Instant Pot soup, in particular this Chicken Gnocchi Soup, I knew the leftovers would be excellent in a soup recipe.
As I searched through the pantry, I started craving a tomato-based soup. The result is this Instant Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup, which is simply delicious!
Instant Pot Tomato Tortellini Soup has so much goodness in it – spinach and chicken! I technically could have given this soup recipe a more detailed name yet I think the photos illustrate just how jam-packed it is.
This Chicken Tortellini soup recipe is hearty and filling. I intended it to be a mid-afternoon warm-up and it ended up being dinner in itself because the kids and I all had a second scoop.
I wrote the recipe below with already cooked chicken, so keep that in mind with total cook time, allow extra if you have to cook the chicken. If you also have already-cooked chicken, you can make this recipe in under 30 minutes!
- Tuscan Barley Soup
- Thai Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheese Broccoli Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Enjoy the recipe, I think you’re really going to love this one!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, I used the Italian spices one
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups fresh tortellini, I used cheese filled
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half and half cream, room temperature
- Turn on the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Heat olive oil in the pot and add onion and cook for a couple minutes, stirring the entire time. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute, still stirring
- Add in the basil, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir then add in the cooked chicken, broth and pepper. Saute for another minute.
- Stir in the tortellini, spinach and parmesan cheese. Cook for a minute then add in the warmed half and half cream. Stir
- Once the tortellini is of desired consistency, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 1228mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 20g