Tender BBQ ribs are finger lickin’ good thanks to this super-easy and no-fuss Instant Pot BBQ Ribs recipe. With a spice rub and BBQ sauce broil, this classic comfort food can be on your table in 40 minutes.
You’ll love this mouthwatering recipe!
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
My go-to BBQ ribs recipe is usually these fall off the bone slow cooker ribs, it’s tried and true and simply delicious. Yet let;s face it, sometimes we just don’t plan dinner far enough in advance to pull out the slow cooker in the morning.
Making pressure cooker ribs is so very easy, it just might be my new go-to, because they produce that same tender fall off the bone taste that makes you feel like a domestic rockstar.
How to Make Instant Pot Ribs:
I try to always purchase baby back ribs, as I like lean meat with little gristle, though you could get any kind and cut off a membrane if it has one. This recipe calls for a blend of spices to season the meat with water and apple juice as the liquid.
When pressure cooking ribs, use the provided trivet rack and simply curl the rack around the Instant Pot, so they stand on end and lean against one another.
Pressure cook the ribs for 25 minutes, slather on the BBQ sauce and broil to get that beautiful glaze. And done!
I’m always blown away at how fast and easy it is to cook ribs in an Instant Pot.
Enjoy this recipe, it won’t disappoint!
- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1 tsp course salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Combine spices in a small bowl and rib over both sides of racks
- Place the wire rivet inside the Instant Pot and add water and apple juice
- Curl racks of ribs in a circle on the rivet, standing on sides
- Secure lid, close vent and pressure cook on high for 25 minutes
- When time goes off, release pressure safely and remove ribs to a foil lined baking sheet
- Slather ribs in BBQ sauce and broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 5 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524 Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 402mg Sodium: 1409mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 23g Protein: 105g