Slow Cooker Ham is a classic and iconic meal, yet there’s so many variations on this recipe. Here is my go-to for the best Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham ever, easy to make with just 5 ingredients – and so delicious!
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
A great ham dinner is one that is so welcome during the bitterest of winter months, the ease and tastiness of the meal makes it a favourite any time of year.
When buying a ham I always look to the spiral variety, and usually don’t use the flavouring packet that comes with it. I love the ease in cutting and serving spiral hams, it’s a convenience that I’ve grown very fond of.
Prepare yourself, this will be the easiest, most tender, and juicy ham ever made, and right in the crockpot!
How to cook ham in the slow cooker
Rather than dump and forget for the day, I love that this recipe has one easy step after a few hours to really seal in that deliciousness and coat the flavour so nicely. It’s just a small step that produces great big results.
Cooked with pineapple chunks and brown sugar, the secret is to sprinkle sugar, dried chili flakes and ground ginger over the ham in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
The reason for this is that the flavours will soften and stay on top of the ham rather than melting into the liquid in the pot.
My favourite flavour of slow cooker ham is Brown Sugar Pineapple, it’s a combination of flavours that has proven itself to be the best time and time again.
Not one flavour in this recipe is too strong, but a happy blend of perfection in each and every bite. This crockpot ham and pineapple recipe is sure to please all tastes and preferences. If the best slow cooker pork recipe is what you are looking for, this blog is where to find them!
I love this Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham recipe because it takes just 5 ingredients and the method of cooking means it’s ready when we are – so fuss and extra time spared to prep and cook necessary.
It’s been my go-to when making crockpot ham, and I’m very happy to share this recipe with my readers. If only you could taste right through the screen!
Best of all, I usually freeze half the finished slow cooker ham, and enjoy another hectic night. It’s always a happy surprise to find a container of a great home-cooked meal waiting instead of something prepackaged.
Below is the yummy recipe, my friends. Enjoy!
- 1/2 spiral ham (unwrap from plastic and discard or save any flavouring packet glaze that may come with it
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1 cup brown sugar, split into ¼ c and 3/4 c amounts
- 1 pinch dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Place ham into the slow cooker
- Take ¼ c brown sugar and sprinkle it over the top of the ham
- Pour the reserved juice around the sides of the ham
- Sprinkle half the pineapple over top and around the ham
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours or low for 4.5
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar, dried chili flakes and ground ginger
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture as well as the remaining pineapple chunks over top the ham in the last 30 minutes of cooking. The reason for this is that the flavours will soften and stay on top of the ham rather than melting into the liquid in the pot.
- Let it cook for the remaining ½ hour
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 712mg Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 24g Protein: 133g