Chocolate Raspberry Tarts are as simple and easy recipe that is full-bodied in flavour. This quick tart dessert combines the creaminess of chocolate with the tang of a raspberry sauce.
Chocolate Raspberry Tarts
If you are looking for other simple tart shell desserts besides this wonderful version, you also need to try Cream Cheese Fruit Tarts, which is just as easy yet has a cream cheese base instead of pudding.
If you’d like to make your own shell, instead of using a store-bought one – look over my Blueberry Salted Caramel Tarts recipe.
When making a dessert, more often than not it’s a spur of the moment decision. For instance, that sudden craving for a sweet treat, or getting informed the night before that you’ve been volunteered to bring in a treat for school the next morning.
Usually when it’s a last-minute decision, time is of the essence. In other words, time consuming just isn’t in the cards. This is where this great recipe comes in, it’s so quick and easy to make one amazing dessert!
This dessert recipe that combines all my/our favourite ingredients into one. Chocolate Raspberry Tarts is one of those bliss in every bite’ recipes marrying chocolate pudding with a raspberry sauce and whipped topping.
It’s a combination I enjoy a lot actually. The evidence is in my Chocolate Raspberry Cream Pie.
It’s light and refreshing without being too sweet and filling. That is, if you can stop at just one – it’s very hard to do!
This recipe is tangy meets sweet in a tart shell. Absolute perfection.
Enjoy as much as we do!
- 12 frozen tart shells
- 2 cup chocolate pudding, chilled
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- chocolate shavings
- whipped cream
- Bake shells according to box for 'empty shell'. Allow to cool completely after baking
- In a pot, add the raspberries, sugar and 3 tbsp of water. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer. Let the raspberries break down.
- Make a slurry with the cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water. Pour into the raspberries and thicken. Let cool completely.
- Divide evenly and spoon the chocolate pudding into the tart shells
- Spoon in the raspberry compote onto half of the tart, on top of the chocolate.
- Dollop or pipe the whipped topping in a decoration you like on top of the tart.
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings over the top of the tarts
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g