These Polar Bear Donuts are the cutest, are’t they? So perfect for the holiday season, and baking exchanges.
Polar Bear Donuts
I love holiday baking because unlike other ordinary baking days, what I make is always shared by company, an exchange or as a potluck. That means I can really kick it up a notch to impress. My favourites include Star-Shaped Jam Cookies and Eggnog Cookies.
I can definitely see these being the highlight of a school or activity holiday party, or bagged individually for exchanges.
When making Polar Bear Donuts, a few Wilton products are in the instructions. If you have something similar, great! Yet years ago I took a Wilton cake decorating class and have a bunch of their products as a result. This is a perfect excuse to use them, and think outside the box for a unique treat!
Using the Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan makes it so easy, along with the Wilton Chocolate & Candy Melts Melting Pot. I use Wilton Candy Melts in a lot of my recipes, since they melt so easily and taste great.
This recipe uses a box cake mix, making it easier and less time consuming too.
For a cute wintery themed dessert, these Polar Bear donuts are perfect!
- 1 cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- White Wilton Candy Melts
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Large Marshmallows
- Mini Marshmallows
- Large Wilton Eyes
- Wilton Donut Pan
- Mix together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray the donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan. If you fill over the center hole, it's okay as you'll be covering it
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt the white candy melts in microwave or with a Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip the top of the donuts in the white melts. Before the white melts harden, stick 2 mini marshmallows at the top of the donut for ears.
- Place a large marshmallow in the center of the donut and place a mini chocolate chip in the center for a nose.
- Place 2 Wilton Eyes above the large marshamallow.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 52gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
** this post contains affiliate links