These Polar Bear Donuts are the cutest, are’t they? So perfect for the holiday season, and baking exchanges.
Polar Bear Donuts
I love holiday baking because unlike other ordinary baking days, what I make is always shared by company, an exchange or as a potluck. That means I can really kick it up a notch to impress. My favourites include Star-Shaped Jam Cookies and Eggnog Cookies.
I can definitely see these donuts being the highlight of a school or activity holiday party, or bagged individually for exchanges. These are character themed for the kids, but there’s also the option of our festive Peppermint Mocha Donuts for the adults or Eggnog Donuts.
When making Polar Bear Donuts, a few Wilton products are in the instructions. If you have something similar, great! Yet years ago I took a Wilton cake decorating class and have a bunch of their products as a result. This is a perfect excuse to use them, and think outside the box for a unique treat!
Using the Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan makes it so easy, along with the Wilton Chocolate & Candy Melts Melting Pot. I use Wilton Candy Melts in a lot of my recipes, since they melt so easily and taste great.
This recipe uses a box cake mix, making it easier and less time consuming too.
For a cute wintery themed dessert, these Polar Bear donuts are perfect!
- 1 cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- White Wilton Candy Melts
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Large Marshmallows
- Mini Marshmallows
- Large Wilton Eyes
- Wilton Donut Pan
- Mix together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray the donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan. If you fill over the center hole, it's okay as you'll be covering it
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt the white candy melts in microwave or with a Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip the top of the donuts in the white melts. Before the white melts harden, stick 2 mini marshmallows at the top of the donut for ears.
- Place a large marshmallow in the center of the donut and place a mini chocolate chip in the center for a nose.
- Place 2 Wilton Eyes above the large marshamallow.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 464mgCarbohydrates: 52gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
** this post contains affiliate links