I didn’t realize low-carb could taste great until I had my first cauliflower crust pizza, which my kids really liked as well. Since then I have been kind of addicted to seeing how many carbs are in the food my family eats, and to cut a few corners where I could. Truthfully, I used to relate low-carb to cardboard-tasting food – but I was so wrong.
Low carb doesn’t have to be tasteless and it sure doesn’t have to taste like cardboard. Some of my favourite meals now have few carbs, and I try replacing at least two meals per week with a low-carb option.
Are you trying to lower the amount of carbs your family eats? Try one of the recipes below!
1. These Chicken Nuggets can be baked or fried, and are made with only 5 ingredients.
2. If you are looking for a one pot meal, try this Crab & Shrimp Alfredo.
3. Spice up this Beef Chili as hot as your family can take it, then reheat the left overs for lunch.
4. The homemade enchilada sauce makes this Chicken Enchilada Bake, a family favourite.
5. Crock Pot Lasagna uses thin slices of zucchini instead of noodles.
5. Serve this Sesame Salmon Bowl over bed of cauliflower rice.
6. If you have an Instant pot, you need one to make this Balsamic Beef.
7. Baked Chicken Kiev has a melt in your mouth surprise inside!
8. This Pepperoni Pizza recipe is also gluten free, depending on what your families needs are.
9. If you need a vegetarian option, try these Lettuce Wraps.
10. Need dinner quick? Ground Beef, Kale & Sweet Potato Skillet only takes 30 minutes.
11. Spinach Stuffed Chicken with Cheese also takes just 30 minutes and only 6 ingredients.
12. Breakfast for dinner is always fun, and Roasted Poblano & Chorizo Egg Casserole looks like a great option.
13. Beef stuffed peppers are boring. Try Asian Chicken Stuffed Peppers instead.
14. The carbs in this Meatloaf comes in the ketchup, but it only calls for a little. This one is also paleo and gluten-free!
15. This Brined Turkey Breast makes some great sandwiches, and it’s not even Thanksgiving time.
16. The kids won’t even miss the noodles in this Cauliflower Mac & Cheese.
17. Hot day? Looking for a light meal? Try these Zucchini Noodles.
18. Maple Mustard Chicken is the ultimate sheet pan dinner. Clean up will be a cinch.
19. These BBQ Ranch Meatloaf-Stuffed Tomatoes are an absolute breeze to whip up.
20. Lemon & Basil Baked Salmon in Foil takes minimal prep and cleanup.
What are your favourite low-carb dinners?