This Strawberry Jello Poke Cake is cool and light – and the sweetness comes from the berries. Plus, it’s a very simple recipe, one made with a box cake mix.
This is one poke cake recipe you need to try along with my Rolo Poke Cake!
Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
Poke cakes are so pretty, and such an easy way fancy up the look of ordinary cake. Just like this Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake!
Summer brings more berries – and with it, more baking with berries! I’m very pleased about the arrival of summer for many reasons, and one is because I’ve been craving summertime desserts and cakes all winter long.
Almost every week I’m scouring the farmers market, hoping for the freshest homegrown berries – and right now, all the strawberries!
This Strawberry Jello Poke Cake is the perfect summertime indulgence, because it’s cool and light – and the sweetness comes from the berries.
Plus, it’s a very simple recipe, one made with a box cake mix. These are the recipes I adore most, because it takes no time at all to make, just like my Strawberry Jello Pie recipe.
Strawberry Jello Poke Cake take few ingredients, and is a great one to enjoy at home or take along to potlucks and barbecues. The look and taste are true symbols of summer – and if you want to make this right away – it’s a great red and white Canada Day dessert!
The easy recipe for Strawberry Jello Poke Cake is below, and don’t forget to check out my other Strawberry Desserts recipes.
Enjoy my friends and fork cheers to summer!
What strawberry desserts are you crushing on now that summer has arrived?
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 3oz box strawberry JELLO
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- Strawberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with a nonstick coating and set aside.
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and water in a mixing bowl and stir until all of the ingredients are wet. Mix the batter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into the 9x13 pan and bake for 25-28 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place cake pan on a wire rack and cool for 45 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, gently poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the powdered strawberry JELLO mix into a mixing bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water and whisk until combined.
- Pour the jello mixture all over the top of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, spread Cool Whip on top of the cake and garnish with strawberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 378mg Carbohydrates: 43g Sugar: 22g Protein: 3g