One of my favourite snacks and appetizers to make is a good ‘ol appetizer dip! Perfect for veggies or crackers, it’s something I make to enjoy between meals, with company or bringing as a potluck. I recently made this Slow Cooker Warm Mushroom Dip recipe, because I found I was in a rut of making the same dips time and again.
Slow Cooker Warm Mushroom Dip
Dip recipes are so popular and for good reason, easy to make and a crowd favourite. I love my Creamy Cheddar Bacon Dip, because Bacon. Yet I love to make Hot Cheese Crab Dip for potlucks because it’s so fancy – but simple!
This Slow Cooker Warm Mushroom Dip requires few ingredients actually, and most I had on hand. I also love that it’s made in the crockpot, so it’s one you can make while getting doing other things.
Much like my Mexican Dip recipe, it’s so simple to make. Even those that don’t care for mushrooms have loved this dip.
I have served this dip alongside Rosemary Garlic Pita Chips, and it’s always gone over well with others. It’s a comforting taste that makes you feel like you had a warm bowl of soup.
When taking this dip recipe to a potluck, I take the entire slow cooker – which is nice because rarely do people eat the minute they arrive.
Whether at your house or someone else’s, I prefer visiting while my dish cooks or stays warm, instead of doing some last minute re-heating at such an inconvenient time.
Likewise, who wants a ‘ it’s supposed to be warm but now it’s cold’ dip?
- 2 cups Mushrooms, diced fine
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup Half and Half (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the soup, the onion soup mix packet, the pepper, and half a cup of the half and half. Add the mushrooms and mix thoroughly.
- Put into the slow cooker bowl and turn on low. Cook for approximately 2 hours. Check for consistency at this point. If it seems too thick, add the half and half in very small increments. The mushrooms will be letting go of some of their moisture so it will add to the consistency of the dip.
- Continue cooking for another 2 hours.
- Alternatively, you can cook it for 2 hours on high. Check it after one hour for the consistency, but some slow cookers cook on a very high heat on the high setting, so keep watch over it so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with seasoned crackers and vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 540mgCarbohydrates: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g