Easy and simple Santa Hat Cupcakes are made with strawberries and a yummy classic vanilla buttercream frosting. Such a festive holiday cupcake recipe!
Santa Hat Cupcakes
These Turtle Cookies are sure to impress, I love that they taste exactly like the famous treat, but in cookie form. Also, you can’t beat a classic, so you need to make these Peanut Butter Confetti Squares at least once a season.
Sometimes the easiest baking during the holidays is simply to adapt the decorating style to suit. Take these Santa Hat Cupcakes for instance – such a cute and festive idea for a Christmas cupcake.
It’s not that much harder than making regular cupcakes – just simply decorate on an adorable theme!
When doing my holiday baking, oftentimes I don’t like going for in-your-face typical recipes that include eggnog or peppermint for instance. Instead I take my tried and true cupcakes, cake, cookies or fudge – then add festive shapes or sprinkles.
Boom, easy right?
The thing I love most about these Santa Hat Cupcakes, aside from the delicious taste of course – is that they are so stinking cute. Kids and adults alike can’t help but to smile on first glance.
These are perfect for bringing along to the next holiday party, they’re sure to be a hit.
Many Santa Hat Cupcake recipes involve making the hat out of frosting, which requires a lot of frosting and can be intimidating for those that are frosting-intimidated. This is a much simpler and faster way to get the effect, thanks to the help of strawberries and a yummy classic vanilla buttercream frosting.
If you are picky with your icing and find most to be way too sweet, check out my Dream Whip Icing, I made this one for most of my desserts. It’s AMAZING!
I adore this Christmas cupcake, it’s yummy and impressive!
Are you doing any last-minute Christmas baking?
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3-4 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Strawberries, can use red frosting instead, green trimmed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with themed cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
For the frosting
- Place softened butter into a bowl and beat in 2 cups of icing sugar. Add 2 Tablespoons heavy cream and vanilla.
- Add remaining icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 2D Wilton tip, or other preferred large piping tip.
- Swirl the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes, starting in the center - moving outwards and then back in and up, being careful not to give the frosting too much height.
- While the frosting is soft, press a hulled strawberry on top so that the cut edge is against the frosting.
- Add a small dot of frosting to the tip of the strawberry and let set.
- Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 cupcakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g