With an eggnog cake and eggnog frosting, Eggnog Cupcakes is one Christmas cupcake recipe that is tasty all over – yet not too strong and overwhelming.
With December approaching it’s time to shift gears away from all things pumpkin spice. It’s time to add more Christmas flavours into your life, eggnog all this things!
Last year I made some great eggnog cookies, which has become one of my favourite holiday treats to make, of all time.
While I continually make my tried and true recipes, I also like to add new ones here and there to mix things up and build up the recipe box. I love to provide my family with new flavours to enjoy during the holiday season.
Eggnog Cupcakes is one of those recipes that I’m happy to have added to this collection, along with these Santa Hat Cupcakes.
I knew I wanted to make these holiday cupcakes months ago, and have been chomping at the bit waiting for eggnog to arrive in stores – and now they are here!
With an eggnog cake and eggnog frosting, this is one cupcake that is tasty all over – yet not too strong and overwhelming. Just a nice light sweet treat that reminds you of Christmas in every bite.
This homemade cupcake recipe is light & fluffy and piled high with a delicious Eggnog Buttercream. These are perfect for a holiday party, or a sweet treat to have one chilly winter evening. You will just love this easy recipe!
My daughters and I put up the tree over the weekend and decorated for Christmas, a tad sooner than previous years yet they’ve been wanting to and honestly, our lives need that extra dose of happy when we can get it.
After we completed our holiday decorating, together we iced these cupcakes and toasted to the start of the season. Toasted with cupcakes that is, which was perfect. All cuddled up and admiring the lights on the tree. Let’s just say the moment was perfect.
Decorating and these cupcakes helped kickstart our holiday season, and I hope they provide some smiles and sweet warmth to yours.
Enjoy the recipe and here’s to the holidays!
With an eggnog cake and eggnog frosting, this is one Christmas cupcake recipe that is tasty all over - yet not too strong and overwhelming.
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup room temperature butter
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup egg nog
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-3 cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, nutmeg, eggnog and milk to a bowl and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
- To make icing, cream together butter, egg nog, vanilla, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Mix in 2 cups of the icing sugar, then if it's too runny add more in 1/4 cup increments until it's the consistency needed.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and enjoy!