If you’re feeling a bit cluttered, planning a move, or just going through a cleaning spree, you can probably do with a little more organization. Some people seem to be born with the ability to organize anything. They know exactly how to take a mess and turn it into a perfectly organized area.
If this isn’t your thing naturally, there are still some tips you can follow to help you no matter what you’re trying to organize.
Great Ideas – How to Organize Anything:
- Get rid of things you don’t need. The first step to organizing is always to downsize where you can. When you have less stuff, there’s less mess to worry with. So go through it and toss it, donate it, or otherwise rid yourself of anything you don’t have to keep.
- Analyze your stuff and space. Your next step is to look at what you have left and the space you have to store it in. Take your time and make notes if needed, so you can see where you need the most important things, easy-access items, and more. You don’t want to actually start doing anything until you have a plan. True organization takes a bit more effort than just playing it by ear as you go.
- Make use of the space on your walls. Many people overlook the fact that you typically have a lot of open wall space to work with. You can add hooks for hanging things, shelves and more. Do you have empty wall space in your area that you can use to organize? Find out how you can make the most of your space and then install what you need to make it happen.
- Get some bins and baskets. Some people prefer baskets and some people like bins with lids that can be more easily stacked. Some people use a combination of both. Really, it’s a personal preference but you just need to get some bins or baskets to put your things in.
- Invest in space-saver and organization tools and gadgets. There are bins and bags that go under the bed, shoe bags that hang on the back of your door, and many other gadgets you might not have ever heard of. These things are amazing as they allow you to make the most of your space and to find a place for everything. When everything has its own place, you can manage to keep it all organized. If you have an outdoor Rubbermaid Shed, make sure even that space is well cleaned and organized.
With these five ideas, you can organize anything in your home, office, or other personal space. Don’t be afraid to get creative with it, either. This is your space and you can make it free of clutter but also feel comfortable in it. Use these tips and you can truly organize anything!