July and August are the perfect months to take a family road trip, school is out and there’s much opportunity to hit the road on an adventure. Here in Canada we have so many destinations and possibilities for road trips – whether that be locally or across the country. I’m sure many are Summer Road Trippin’ around Canada!
Not sure where you want to go? Here are three great adventures to get your mind wandering and maybe inspire your next trip: Quebec City, Haliburton and Tofino. Not sure what each has to offer? Read more below!
1. Tofino, British Columbia. Looking for something truly picturesque? Head to Canada’s surf capital – Tofino. Get your family on a ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo and drive along the Pacific Rim Highway for a truly breathtaking view of mountains and lakes, along with rainforest. The area is also known for its trees, which grow in spectacular sizes. Some trees are believed to be 1000 years old. We road tripped from Alberta to Tofino before and the sights and location is stunning.
2. Haliburton, Ontario. Truly the quintessential summer escape from the big city, you’ll practically feel the stress lifting as you start driving into cottage country. There are several scenic route options, dotted with great ice cream parlours along the way, which all lead to good times ahead. Whether you stay for the day or rent a cottage, you’ll want to make sure you stop at Webers in Orillia, a Canadian burger landmark since 1963.
3. Quebec City, Quebec. Whatever direction you’re coming in from, stop in a few francophone villages on your way into the old city to soak up the culture, food and French! Making your way through the beautiful and lush countryside, you’ll be thrilled to arrive at your final destination: old Quebec City, a city full of history, architecture, cobble stone streets and endless charm.
As with any travel adventure, you should first make sure you’re well prepared, especially when kids are involved. With some pre-planning you can change many of those “are we there yet?” statements into “wow, this is amazing!” Make sure your road trip includes a GPS system, plenty of snacks, sunscreen for everyone, first aid supplies and good road music!
Church & Dwight wants to help you get ready for your family adventures this summer with some very practical product suggestions to put in your travel toolkit.
- GRAVOL Natural Source Ginger Lozenges – curb motion sickness for you and your kids (over the age of six) with these chewable lozenges – convenient, portable and no water required! GRAVOL Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are a great option for your little ones two years and over! (GRAVOL Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are not included in giveaway).
- OxiClea Foam Pretreat – spills and stains are bound to happen on road trips, treat them the day they happen and then throw the item in the wash a few days later when you make it to your destination!
- ORAJEL Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste 119g, in either Super Mario or The Ultimate Spider-ManTM or My Little Pony™ – with road trips come snacks and fast food so ensuring your little ones are brushing is of the upmost importance.
- Vitafusion Women’s and Men’s Complete Multivitamins – are geared towards providing essential nutrients specifically needed by men and women to maintain their health, in a tasty gummy that you can take without water, perfect for on-the-go!
As a side note, our family just got back from a cruise and the GRAVOL Natural Source Ginger Lozenges were most helpful, if not a necessity. This one product saved me on this trip that’s for sure, which is why I take it along on each and ever adventure we go on – near or far!
Disclosure: This is a compensated post, yet as always, all opinions are my own.