This recipe for Strawberries and Cream Cake with cream cheese frosting is for everyone. A perfect dessert recipe for spring, to use those available fresh berries.
Strawberries and Cream Cake
I have a few more delicious cakes up my sleeve! You need to try this Chocolate Fudge Cake, it has a wonderful peanut butter frosting.
This Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake is great as a dessert or for a brunch. It also uses fresh berries!
Of course the addition of a cream cheese frosting puts it over the edge. I use the frosting included in this recipe a lot, especially on The Best Carrot Cake.
Part of the reason why I love this time of year is the influx in a variety of affordable fruits, mainly berries. It’s so nice to grocery shop and have more selection now.
Needless to say, I’ve been buying strawberries almost every time I’m at the grocer. Adding them into the kids lunch kits is a nice change, and having them as snack for myself is most welcome – yet I’ve also been baking a lot with them.
Strawberry all the things – it’s spring!
For no reason in particular, or maybe because I had every reason to, I recently made Strawberries and Cream Cake.
I really do love this cake, it screams ‘spring’. While a lot of cakes are heavy and rich, this one is light and sweet.
Strawberries and Cream Cake is for everyone, and everyone – I shared this one with family and friends. I even had a request for it to be made for someones birthday.
This is a sure sign that it’s a hit. I mean, you don’t reserve a cake type for just any cake!
- 1 box Strawberry Cake mix
- 1 cup cup water, +2 tsp
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup strawberries, whole or sliced for topping
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. and set aside.
- Combine the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and sour cream. Beat on low speed until mixed, and on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the cup of chopped strawberries and mix by hand gently, until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for ~27 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl until creamy. Slowly add the icing sugar until combined. Add the milk and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until frosting is smooth and free of any lumps.
- Frost the cake, and add sliced or whole strawberries as topping.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 637 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 87mg Sodium: 465mg Carbohydrates: 99g Sugar: 80g Protein: 3g