If you struggle with keeping your home organized throughout the year, these tips are for you!
These 5 Tips for Keeping an Organized Home are simple and easy ways to stress less and keep your home in order for you and your family.
- Make sure everything has a home. Each item that you own should have a “home station”, dedicated to housing that item. A place that it belongs and where it always ends up. In every room there should be organization. Your keys should always go on the same hook, or table or in the same dish. The scissors should always go in the same cup or drawer. This tip works the best with items that are used frequently in your home, but also works for items not used so much so that you don’t have to go hunting for them.
- Make a cleaning schedule, don’t do it all in one day. Cleaning your entire home in one day can be exhausting. Split up your to do list each week between the days you have time. For example, you can always vacuum on Mondays, and scrub on Tuesdays, laundry gets done on Wednesdays, etc. By splitting up your tasks you won’t get overwhelmed and will find that you’ll have some free time to relax rather than fret about getting things done. Stick to the a cleaning schedule each week to keep yourself sane and the house in order. To help you, I have a daily cleaning printable that is great!
- Purge often. Don’t become a hoarder! Go through your closets a few times a year, especially if you have children. If you haven’t seen an item in 6 months or longer, or it doesn’t fit, isn’t used, isn’t needed, etc. it’s time for it to go out the door! Going through your belongings will remind you what you have, what you need, and clears out those items that you no longer have a use for. This in turn helps keep your home nice and organized throughout the year.
- Reset every night. Before you head to bed reset your home. Make sure that the dishes are done, pre-prep breakfasts if possible, lay out clothing for tomorrow, tidy up the toys, and wipe down the counter. Do those little things that keep your life running smoothly so that you feel like there is less work when you wake up.
- Get the entire family in on it. Don’t just enforce these rules with yourself, each family member should have their own responsibilities. Children are capable of picking up their toys before bed and helping in picking out their clothes. Make these habits similar to bathing, and brushing your teeth. Keeping it a part of your daily routine.
By following these 5 Tips for Keeping an Organized Home you will accomplish more throughout the day, you’ll feel less stressed and more relaxed and your home will stay organized with little to no effort!
Have any other tips to add?