Last week I shared the news about a recent survey from Schick Intuition and how Living Simply results in happiness. Yet I realize how the order to ‘live simply’ is really daunting. At first thought, you’d think it would require a massive schedule and lifestyle overhaul in order to tame life’s chaos.
Is it complicated and difficult to simplify life?
The trick to achieving this goal is to approach it, well, simply!
I firmly believe in taking small steps for the better good, it’s the best and lasting way to make any life change. To apply the baby steps approach to this goal, is in the small things and changes.
My Tips for Finding Simplicity:
- De-Clutter your life – One of the most popular and important ways to simplify your life to to unburden yourself with items that aren’t needed. Being surrounded by clutter is a constant reminder of chaos. So make it a priority to regularly sort, separate, donate and trash things taking up unneeded space which surrounds you, and you’ll see how this hugely affects happiness.
- Schedule – Making mental to-do notes is another form of clutter, and is a huge weight on your shoulders. Use calendars, schedules and filing systems to keep your day-today organized. I have many organization printables to help you do just that!
- Slow Down – We’ve all got busy lives, that’s a fact. Yet life is best lived when it’s lived! Laugh often, love much and take pleasure in what makes you happy and you’ll be happy.
- Delegate – We all take on so much, and many have a problem saying ‘no’. There is great tendency in life to spread yourself too thin, which is stressful. So make it a mission to delegate tasks more, set boundaries on what you take on, and just say no now and then.
- Be Selfish – Many put others first and while that is an amazing quality, sometimes we put ourselves far too low on that priority list. Recognize that you need and deserve attention and be selfish once in a while. Indulge in what makes you happy – have that dessert, order in and not cook, pamper yourself!
- Simplify your Everyday Routine – Using methods and products that save time and money truly results in happiness because you feel effective and efficient. Make big batches of meals so you have leftovers the next day, carpool more, and find those products that have multi-features in one. Schick Intuition does lathers, shaves and moisturizes all in one, which also fits in so well with taking care of and pampering yourself.
What does simplicity mean to you?
Enter the Simplicity Curve Pinterest Contest and Win Weekly!
Here are the details:
- Follow @IntuitionCA on Pinterest.
- Create a board called “Simplicity Curve” and Pin your ideas on what simplicity means to you using the hashtag #IntuitionSimplicityCurveContest.
- Visit SimplicityCurve.ca and submit up to 3 URL links of your Simplicity Curve Pins. Submitting is easy; just copy the link to your Pinned photo and paste into the submission form.
- Each week, one entrant will win a #IntuitionSimplicityCurveContest prize pack valued at $100! The prize pack includes a $75 gift card and Schick Intuition shave products to help simplify your beauty routine.
The contest officially launches on August 3rd so the weekly periods will go as follows:
- August 3, 12:00am ET until August 9 11:59pm ET
- August 10, 12:00am ET until August 16, 11:59pm ET
- August 17, 12:00am ET until August 23, 11:59pm ET
- August 24, 12:00am ET until August 30, 11:59pm ET
Pinterest followers can also pin a handwritten note of the simple things in life they appreciate and why it makes them happy as an entry. Here is an example:
For other inspiration, visit @IntuitionCA’s Pinterest boards and re-pin if you like what you see or search the hashtag #IntuitionSimplicityCurveContest to find other PINS for your board. Here is my Simplicity Curve board, I’ll be continuously adding to it!
Happy Pinning and good luck in the contest, and living simply for a happier life!
Disclosure: I am compensated for my participating in this program, yet as always, all opinions are my own.