Very soon the kids will be on another break from school. March break here in Alberta is also Easter/Spring break, and while some take this opportunity to sneak away for a holiday – this is the time of year in which we are always found close to home. Gruelling cheer schedules for my oldest over the break paired with notoriously high flight prices this time of year – means that we stick close to home and opt for a staycation versus a vacation.
So this time of year I fiercely cross my fingers for beautiful spring-like weather. After a long winter season, we’re all chomping at the bit for some time spent outdoors, preferably without the bulk of winter clothing. I’ll take rain boots over winter boots without hesitation!
Are you planning on a staycation this March Break?
Here are seven tips on how to fully enjoy a staycation, without the stress and exhaustion that international travel can cause. My suggestion is to try one a day!
- Plan an indoor excursion. Take a trip to a museum, gallery or science centre (to name a few). Whatever your interest may be – from antiques and art to science and nature – there is an exhibit for you.
- Visit a local ski resort. Take a day, or two, to hit the slopes with your family; you can ski, snowboard, snow tube or hike, the options are endless. If you have family members who are motion sensitive, Gravol Quick Dissolve Chewables (available for kids and adults) are an effective and convenient option to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, so you can get there more comfortably and with less worry. (Don’t take Gravol chewables and drive, as Gravol Quick Dissolve Chewables may cause cause drowsiness).
- Unwind with a good book. With hectic lives and busy schedules, sometimes we don’t have time for the simple things in life, like curling up with a good book. If you have readers in your family, take advantage of some down time and let your mind be captivated by a new story. For younger kids, colouring or picture books might do the trick!
- At-home makeovers. Be your own glam squad and grab those nail polishes, make-up powders, sparkle eye shadows, styling tools and last but not least…Batiste Dry Shampoo! It’s perfect to use between washes and easy to use. Applying quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil, adding body and texture. With the new limited-edition Batiste Ella Henderson Sweet & Seductive Dry Shampoo, you’ll feel like a celebrity, with hair that looks, feels – and smells – great!
- Crafts, puzzles and games galore. Now you have time to get into a new project with your kids that could take a few hours or few days, you decide.
- Try new recipes. The March break can have us feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, inspiring us to tackle that new recipe you or your kids have been wanting to try. Whether it’s a batch of cookies – or a yummy stew – take advantage of your time. It might end up being something you love! In addition to all the good food you’ll cook up, make sure all family members get the get their daily recommended nutrients by taking VitafusionTM Men’s or Women’s Complete Multivitamin and Lil’Critters Gummy Vites for kids.
- Get outside. Go for a walk, a skate at a local rink and maybe pop into a coffee shop to escape from the cold and warm up with a delicious drink.
What are your favourite staycation ideas?
Disclosure: I received product to facilitate this post, all opinions are my own.