I love the mild lemon taste of these Glazed Lemon Cookies, they aren’t too heavy or rich, yet simple and so delicious- a great classic treat for Springtime and the Easter holiday.
Yet they are so flavourful and moist, they would be like little bites of sunshine all year long!
Glazed Lemon Cookies
Looking for more cookie recipes? May I suggest:
Simply put, I adore this time of year. I embrace the warmer days, the stronger sunlight on my face, and the promise of a new season.
Right now we are surrounded by what I can only describe as a sunrise, that refreshing feeling that comes with spring.
I’m very excited for Easter, and am counting down in every way possible. The windows are open, some much needed spring cleaning is getting done, and I’ve been baking up a storm in the kitchen.
Instead of heavy cakes and sauces which are synonymous with winter, right now I much prefer to make smaller treats with either a light fruity sweetness or zesty tang. A perfect example would be these Strawberry lemonade Cream Cheese Cookies!
I recently made Glazed Lemon Cookies which encompass the spring and Easter season perfectly, right down to the refreshing and sunny pastel colour.
I love the mild lemon taste of these cookies, thanks to the zest and the glaze added once cooled. They aren’t too heavy or rich, yet simple and so delicious- a great classic treat for Springtime and the Easter holiday.
Enjoy this lemon cookie recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Burnbrae Farms Nestlaid Egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4-5 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add granulated sugar and the lemon zest into another small bowl. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers, until fragrant.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar/lemon mixture until light and fluffy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In small batches, beat in the flour mixture on low speed until blended.
- Roll 2" pieces of dough into a ball with hands and drop onto the baking sheet, spacing about 2" apart. Gently flatten dough with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a cup.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cookies are just set and the edges slightly golden brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to cooking racks to cool completely.
- When cookies have fully cooled, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and water in a small bowl. Drip the lemon glaze onto the cooled cookies as desired.
- Let cookies sit until icing has set before enjoying.
- dust with powdered sugar
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 20gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Disclosure: I am participating in the Burnbrae Farms campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange
for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own