They have that classic Valentine’s Day look, but truthfully, this is a cupcake recipe that you can make all year long. Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes are for birthdays, other special occasions – or just because. You truly don’t need a reason to make these!
Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
These cupcakes are wonderfully chocolatey, incredibly moist, and you simply cannot beat the combined taste of cherry and milk chocolate. What an epic combination!
Also, just talking about cherries makes me long for summer days when fresh cherries will be readily available. It may only be February but this recipe has me dreaming of warmer months, and makes me count down to farmers market season!
Anyway, these Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes are screaming to be made and devoured. As in, right now. Happy baking everyone!
Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes have a classic Valentine's Day look. Chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache and cherry buttercream icing
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Marashino cherry juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup softened butter 2 sticks
- 1/8 tsp of salt to taste
- 3 cups powdered sugar 330g
- 3 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- Red food coloring optional
- ~ 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a bowl: combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add milk,chery juice, oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter.
- Beat on high speed for about 1 minute.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 30 minutes before frosting.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Once chocolate is melted, dip the top of the cupcake in the chocolate. Refridgerate for 15 minutes than top with Cherry Buttercream Frosting
- Cream butter and salt until fluffy.
- Mix in 1 cup of the powdered sugar then stir in maraschino cherry juice and optional red food coloring.
- Mix in remaining powdered sugar and mix until thouroughly combined
- Pipe onto cool cupcakes, using desired tip.
Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes contains the following ingredients: flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, Marashino cherry juice, milk, vegetable or canola oil, eggs, vanilla extract, water
Print off the recipe, and enjoy!