These easy and delicious Chocolate Coconut Cookies are the most amazing cookie recipe. Soft with a great texture, a traditional great dessert!
Chocolate Coconut Cookies
With only a week until Christmas, I’m officially in baking overdrive. I put off making holiday treats until now, so that they last until the big event.
Unfortunately now I’m rushing like mad, trying to get it all done in limited time. This is the time when I’m thankful for easy recipes, or else my holiday baking wouldn’t exist all I’m sure.
I discovered a recipe for Chocolate Chunk Macaroons, and after reading through the ingredients and instructions, I decided the simplicity yelled ‘make me!‘. Yet I wanted more of a cookie taste, so I adapted the recipe that I found.
After baking, I wasn’t left with the classic ball-shape of macaroons. Instead they had spread and flattened into cookies. I did omit the pecans, but I don’t think that would have caused the drop.
In any case, cookie were made. And they were still super-good, so that’s a victory! It goes to show that baking is hit and miss, and we all have our fails now and then.
So this is how the Chocolate Coconut Cookies recipe came to be. If you really want that macaroon shape, I’d suggest using only half the can of milk, and maybe 1/3 cup more coconut.
That might bulk it up enough to give it some sticking power. Either way, they’re good in cookie form, because, cookies!
- 4-1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 300 mL
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine coconut, chocolate and flour in large bowl. Add milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture, 2 inches apart, into 60 mounds on parchment-covered baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 41mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 2g