This Eggnog Cookies recipe resembles the taste of cinnamon buns, with a hint of eggnog to jazz it up a little. Also perfect for a holiday cookie exchange.
One of the things I look forward to most, for the upcoming holiday season, is participating in a cookie exchange. Each year I make a big batch of my current favourite holiday treat, and then divide them among others participating in the exchange.
In the end, you are left with a huge sampling of holiday treats, without having to make so many recipes yourself.
Not only is it fun, and gets you into the holiday spirit – yet it’s a great opportunity to be introduced to new recipes.
For each cookie exchange I like to make a new recipe, and this year it’s all about these delicious Eggnog Cookies. It’s truly a taste that screams ‘holidays’.
These deliciously soft cookies melt away in your mouth, and have that slight but not overpowering eggnog taste.
My family and friends taste testers for this recipe claim these cookies very closely resembles the taste of cinnamon buns, with a hint of eggnog to jazz it up a little.
That’s why I decided to swirl the icing on top of the cookie – it completes the look.
How to Make Eggnog Cookies
Making Eggnog Cookies requires traditional cookie ingredients, so I only had to ensure I had eggnog on hand. It was actually the first container of it that I purchased this season!
Since our traditional cookie exchange isn’t until next month, I shared this batch with family and friends as a test-run. They all agreed this is one amazing cookie!
The flavours of nutmeg, cinnamon and eggnog in this cookie recipe cannot be beat. I do think it’s the ideal combination of ingredients for any holiday baking.
When the fall hits, it’s this cookie that I first think of making.
This is one seasonal cookie that deserves a double-batch, as they will be gone in no time. The holiday season is strong in this one dessert!
Enjoy this perfect holiday treat recipe my friends!
- 2 1/3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Groung Nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Eggnog
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Rum Extract
- 1/2 cup soft Butter
- 2 tbsp Rum Extract
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Eggnog
- 3 cups icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar and sugar until fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and rum extract, and then eggnog. Mix until combined.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients slowly, until combined.
- Drop batter onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, into about heaping tbsp balls. Form a little with fingers if needed, to get a circular shape when cooked.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until edges start to brown, best if not overcooked.
- While cookies are cooking and cooling make icing by combining all the ingredients for the icing in a stand mixer until well combined and fluffy.
- After cookies are cooled, top with icing and sprinkle with nutmeg for additional taste and look.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5713 Saturated Fat: 155g Cholesterol: 1062mg Sodium: 3484mg Carbohydrates: 819g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 580g Protein: 53g