These Ham and Havarti Twists are a delicious baked black forest ham, havarti cheese, puff pastry, and a blend of seasonings which will have you looking forward to lunchtime!
Ham and Havarti Twists
Don’t forget the soup recipes, they would go so well with this recipe!
This Broccoli Cheese Casserole also makes great leftovers for lunch!
We’re just over one month in, and I’ve already got the lunchtime blahs. You low, making and packing lunches so much for school, that come weekends, I just don’t wanna!
To beat the monotony and free from the usual, try these Ham and Havarti Twists – a delicious baked ham and cheese puff pastry which will have you looking forward to lunchtime!
The beauty of this recipe is the taste, but also the cool shape of the puff pastry. It’s one that sure does beat the ordinary sandwich!
The blend of havarti cheese, black forest ham, flaky puff pastry, and the seasonings are perfection. While Ham and Havarti Twists are great for lunches at home, they are also great for appetizers and taking along to functions.
I think the most daunting part of this recipe is learning how to twist the dough, so make sure to read the recipe in entirety and once you have the steps understood – then start cutting and folding. Once you get one, the rest will be easy to make.
How do you like to ‘twist’ up an ordinary lunch?
- 1/2 box Puff Pastry, prepared
- 2 slices Black Forest Deli Ham
- 3 slices Havarti Cheese
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- Spray a large piece of parchment paper and place the square of puff pastry on the center. Spray another piece of parchment to place on top of the pastry. Begin to roll with heavy rolling pin. Roll the pastry between the parchment till it’s approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a brush, apply the heavy cream to the dough to completely cover. Sprinkle your seasonings on the surface to taste.
- Lay the ham slices on half of the dough. Follow with placing the 3 slices of cheese on top of the ham.
- Fold the dough over onto itself, covering the ham and cheese, using the parchment paper.
- Slowly peel back the parchment on the one half of the dough.
- With a sharp knife, begin slicing the dough in long strips, being sure to slice through the layers of ham, cheese and bottom layer of pastry.
- Brush more cream on the top half over the slices and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Slowly lift the slices and begin to twist them as you lift them off the parchment.
- Transfer the twists onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving and cut in half for a shorter snack if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1803Saturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 6482mgCarbohydrates: 116gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 50g