Halloween is just a couple days away, and this year, I’m not as prepared as I usually am. There’s still some shopping to do, loot bags to find from storage, and goodies bags to make. Oh, and then there’s our traditional Halloween party which … I haven’t prepared for at all.
So, somewhere in the chaos that is my to-do list, I also need to make a couple of healthy snacks and a dessert. I know, I know – why make a dessert for a party on Halloween when there’s literally countless candy to be had only an hour later? Thing is, Halloween-themed treats are so cute, and I insist on making at least one per year.
Yet again, there’s the time-crunch problem, because at this stage in the game, we don’t have time for intricate and complicated.
Don’t stress, Almond Breeze is at the rescue with their 4-ingredient Chocolate Bat Biscuits recipe!
image source: Almond Breeze
These Halloween-themed treats take just 10 minutes of prep and then only 10 minutes of baking, so right out of the gate it’s a recipe that I can fit into the busy schedule. They are also lactose-free, which is nice since it’s absolutely no fun for those with dietary restrictions to not have something to enjoy at a function!
Plus, look how adorable these little bats are, right?
Halloween might only be a couple days away, but there’s still a time to accomplish baking a delicious snack sure to impress the tastebuds.
Have a fun, safe, and satisfying Halloween everyone! Mmm, chocolate!
A quick Halloween-themed treat ready in just 10 minutes. Try these delicious Chocolate Bat Biscuits made with Almond Breeze!
- 2 cups heart-healthy baking mix 500 mL, such as Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1/2 cup sugar 125 mL
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 50 mL
- 2/3 cup Almond Breeze Chocolate 150 mL
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together baking mix, sugar and cocoa in a medium bowl. Stir in Almond Breeze with a fork, then mix with your hands to make a soft dough.
- Knead several times on a lightly floured board then roll out 3/4-inch thick.
- Cut with bat shaped cookie cutters and place on baking sheet.
- Reroll scraps to use all of dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until dough is cooked through.
Nutritional Analysis : Calories 100, Fat 1.5g, Carbohydrates 22g, Sugars 9g, Sodium 180mg, Potassium 32mg, Protein 2g, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%
Disclosure: This is a compensated post on behalf of Almond Breeze, all opinions are my own.