One of my grilled favourites, Asian Beef Marinated Kabobs is succulent meat, seasonal veggies, and mouthwatering marinade skewered up to grilled perfection
Asian Beef Marinated Kabobs
I really feel like this past summer was one for the record books, so much that I just don’t want it to end. In denial with me? These Asian Beef Marinated Kabobs are just the thing to grill as a last hurrah.
Truth is, I don’t marinate as often as I should, because the taste is truly amazing when you do. I’ve fallen into the bad habit of planning supper on a whim, leaving no time to defrost and marinade.
Yet, I am getting better at this, I’m trying to remember to take meat out of the freezer, two meals in advance. This way I can, on occasion, have time for a recipe which involves marinating.
One of my favourite Asian dishes, is skewered up and grilled to perfection. Asian Beef Marinated Kabobs is a combination of succulent meat, seasonal veggies, and mouthwatering marinade kabob-style.
This recipe reminds me of all the great things about summer BBQ’s, yet we are approaching winter so it’s a great time to make the most of the grilling days we have left. Yet, it’s recipes like this that could be baked as well, so it’s one to remember even through the coldest of months.
And to be totally honest here, isn’t all foods better on a stick? Yep!
How often do you marinade?
- ¼ cup Oil, olive if possible, if not, vegetable will work fine}
- ½ tsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Hot Sauce. optional
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 2 lbs Beef, cubed
- 1 Sweet Pepper, yellow
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ Pineapple, large cubes
- 1 Onion, cut in chunks
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MARINADE
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly to incorporate. Season beef with seasoning salt. Mix chunked beef into liquid and let marinate for at least 4 hours to overnight.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SKEWERS
- Be sure to soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes in water before threading on ingredients to prevent burning on the grill.
- Begin threading on a piece of meat, and then arrange the rest of the vegetables onto the skewer in a way that you like the color combination. Include a minimum of 3 pieces of meat per skewer, alternating a piece of vegetable and then a piece of meat. Reserve extra marinade for basting.
- Heat your grill to medium-hot and when temperature reached, place your skewers on the grill. During the cooking process, try not to move them as much as possible, as the ingredients will soften and start to sag off the skewer. Flip after approximately 5 minutes or when grill marks or slight charring appear on the surface.
- Baste the skewers with the reserved marinade after you’ve flipped them.
- Continue to grill another 5 minutes on the other side or when grill marks and slight charring has appeared.
- Remove off the grill and let rest for 3-4 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539 Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 107mg Sodium: 1370mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 12g Protein: 27g