To utilize all those great berries that are in season right now – why not make a Summer Berry Salsa!
I’ve been buying berries in bulk at the market and while we eat them raw, I like to make some simple recipes to use them all up – justifies buying more the next week, right?
This Summer Berry Salsa recipe is super easy and tastes amazing, the kids are especially smitten with this one. It’s also one that children can help prepare, there’s a lot of pride in being able to assist or completely make such a great recipe!
While I love the tomato-based spicy salsa year-round, there’s something new and refreshing about a summer berry salsa.
I like my berry salsa served on a baguette or crostini slice myself, though these are also great with cinnamon chips too.
There are a lot of options in this recipe, to really make it your own. To make it easier for guests, mascarpone could be spread on bread before serving.
As well, if you aren’t a cilantro fan, just leave it out. I am, actually I can’t get enough. Yet I know a few people that aren’t, so it’s nice that this recipe can be altered to suit tastes.
When is the last time you enjoyed a great berry salsa?
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries cut in half
- handful of cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 1 baguette sliced
- In a cup or small bowl combine sugar, honey, and cider vinegar. Mix well to combine.
- In a large bowl, add berries and cilantro. Drizzle honey mixture over the top, then carefully fold to coat berries with sauce.
- Place baguette slices in toaster oven/oven, and bake at 350 degrees until slightly crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve berry salsa in a serving bowl alongside mascarpone and baguette slices.
Mascarpone could be spread on bread before serving to make things easier for guests, but this is optional. If you aren’t a cilantro fan, just leave it out!
If you’re looking for more great recipes, Check out my dedicated Pinterest board for all that the recipe box here on My Organized Chaos offers!