Summer has officially begun, which means it’s time to take a break from your busy life – and what better way than to embark on an adventure! Here are the Top 10 Summer Travel Destinations for 2015 – both within Canada and international.
This is a great list of iconic places to visit, that offer much during the summer months. I’d have to agree with Cavendish Beach PEI, as I just returned from a first trip to Prince Edward Island and went there myself.
As well, we live in close proximity to Banff Alberta, so a summer getaway there is definitely in the plans for us.
Have a peek at the list below, which places would you love to visit this summer? Would you have to fly or is it within driving distance?
Top 10 Summer Travel Destinations:
- Whistler, BC – Sure, the city is known for its majestic slopes, but without the snow you’re looking at a beautiful backdrop for outdoor adventures with an unforgettable view.
- Toronto, ON – There’s nothing like getting your family’s adrenaline pumping by climbing up the CN Tower and leaning off the edge of a 553 meter high skyscraper!
- Cavendish Beach, PEI – Red sandstone cliffs with crystal blue water surrounds you at the Cavendish Beach. While you’re there, explore historic sites, like the Green Gables Heritage Place.
- Banff, AB – If you’re craving a breathtaking view – this place is for you! No need to go halfway across the world to become mesmerized by natural beauty. Kayak between the Rocky Mountains or simply take it all in.
- Quebec City, QC – Here you’ll find hints of European charm mixed with authentic French Canadian character. Grab a poutine and walk around the old city, home to iconic Chateau Frontenac. If your legs start to give in, hop on a horse-drawn carriage along the cobblestone streets.
- Grand Canyon, U.S.A. – One of the wonders of the world! It’s worth getting on a helicopter to soak in a truly life-changing experience.
- Sesimbra, Portugal – This beautiful little fishing port is filled with colourful and authentic charm, known for its beaches, local cafes and fish restaurants. If delving into culture is what you’re looking for, this is it.
- Kefalonia, Greece– Take a boat ride and you’ll be surrounded by picturesque villages, olive groves, beaches and tremendous mountains.
- Hong Kong, China – A bustling and exciting harbour city, you’d be surprised how easy it is for tourists to explore. There are lots of kid-friendly activities, such as Hong Kong Disneyland and Ocean Park.
- Siem Reap, Cambodia – A trip for the adventurous: the city showcases original ancient temples, including the Angkor Archaeological Park, cited as one of the most valuable archaeological sites in South-East Asia – so you know it’s worth getting over the jet lag for!
The options are endless – both nationally and internationally. When you’re getting your family organized and ready, don’t forget about Gravol™. If anyone is sensitive to motion sickness, whether you’re travelling by land, air or water, Gravol™ has you covered. Gravol™ Quick Dissolve Chewables for Adults and for Kids are ideal since they can be taken without water. If you prefer more natural products, Gravol™ Ginger tablets, lozenges or liquid gels made with certified organic ginger are also a great choice. Besides helping with motion sickness, Gravol™ Ginger products also help treat indigestion and upset stomach. They are easily packed and are non-drowsy too – so keeping up with your children won’t be a problem.
Gravol™ is only found in Canada, so make sure you stock up before leaving the country!
This is a compensated post yet as always, opinions are my own.