With summer now here, there will be more and more opportunities to get together with friends and family. Due to the schedules being less hectic, it’s a good time to get together for more dinner parties. Going to dinner parties gives you the chance to try new dishes and get new recipes under your belt. It’s rare that I leave a dinner party without the thought of, ‘I need to make that dish!”.
When hosting, it’s all about the planning, being prepared for anything you or your guests might need to make the time a success.
To help create magical evenings, Food Network Chef Michael Smith teamed up with Cascade Platinum to share tips on how to make your dinner party sparkle, while cutting down your clean up time! Want your dinner party to sparkle? Follow these tips from Chef Michael Smith and your guests will be blown away:
1. Spend time to save time. Prep as much as you can in advance – from food to your table. Smart preparation will allow you to spend more time with your guests.
2. Make your guests feel special. Thoughtful details tell your guests they are special. Set the mood with music, place cards, flowers and sparkling dishes and glasses. I use Cascade Platinum in every cycle to make sure everything is ready for a big event.
3. Start with a bang! Do something collectively right away. A group activity subtly reminds everyone “We’re in this together!”
4. Give your guests something fun to do. At some point, engage your guests in an interactive activity, something hands on, that’s not work.
5. Clean as you go. Get the mess out of the way, and load the dishwasher as you prepare dinner. With Cascade Platinum, you don’t need to worry about pre-rinsing – it will clean stuck-on food in one wash.
6. Share the work. Many hands make light work. After the main meal and before dessert, encourage everybody to pitch in with clean up.
7. Grand finale. End the evening with something spectacular, something memorable, or my favourite—something flammable!
Check out Food Network for more tips and recipes from Chef Michael Smith and Cascade Platinum.
Quite honestly, my dishwasher is one item I just can’t do without. Next to washing walls, washing dishes is my most dreaded chore. Not only is it just a pain, my skin disagrees with the job PLUS after a night of entertaining, dishes is the last thing I’d like to do. My game is to start the dishwasher and relax with a glass of wine. Now that’s a successful dinner party!
Do you have any other dinner party tips to share?
By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with
a P&G PR agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program, however, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected.