This delicious Apricot Chicken recipe is slow cooked and glazed to perfection. This recipe would be delicious with orange preserves in place of apricot as well!
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
Here’s another ode of slow cooker love – Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken! It’s the perfect apricot chicken recipe!
See, we make chicken in this household, a lot. So, to beat the usual and ordinary, I have to find alternate ways to make chicken. Or else the same old is just boring, and I run the risk of the kids turning up their noses. Not out of dislike, but of repetition. And, we all don’t handle that very well at all.
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken is easy, fast, and very delicious. It’s a change-up from the usual, and packs a punch when it comes to flavour. Plus, with the season right now, it’s a sweet taste that screams summer.
At the same time, there are no lazy days of summer around here. I still need dinners that fit the schedule in June, when we seem to be the busiest. That’s where the beauty of this recipe comes in.
Slow cooked meals are very welcome in my home, since we’re usually running like mad right after school, until bedtime.
That being said, I’ll also make this when school is out, so our dinner can cook while we’re taking in other things. It’ll be nice to spend the day at the splash park and come home to a dinner that is underway.
I like to side this recipe with seasonal veggies and perhaps some rice. Save room for dessert though! It is summer after all. 😉
Such a delicious recipe for Apricot Chicken, slow cooked and glazed to perfection. This recipe would be delicious with orange preserves in place of apricot as well!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast each breast sliced into 3 long pieces
- ½ cup apricot preserve
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp bottled horseradish, fresh or cream style not with beet juice}
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ pkg dry onion soup mix, or make your own}
- In a small bowl combine everything except chicken breast. Use a whisk to mix well.
- Place chicken pieces into the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour apricot mixture over the top, making sure the chicken is covered.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce heat to low and cook 3 additional hours.
- Spoon sauce over chicken pieces and serve immediately.
Do not overcook or the chicken will become tough. This recipe would be delicious with orange preserves in place of apricot as well!