What are your summer plans?
Us, we always stick closer to home during the summer months, and take in local activities and attractions. We might visit other provinces within Canada, but we rarely leave the country.
After all, we Canadians have such a long and bitter winter, yet our summer weather is simply amazing. Many times over the season I’m reminded just how beautiful our country is, and one of my goals is to visit Canada in it’s entirety – coast to coast.
Thing is, our own summer plans aren’t unlike the majority of Canadians.
Here are some recent survey facts from Leger Marketing:
- 85 per cent of Canadians would like to explore Canada this summer, instead of travelling out of country.
- The Atlantic Provinces (38 per cent), Ontario (36 per cent) and British Columbia (35 per cent) were the top preferred travel destinations this summer.
- Four in 10 households with children under 18 are also more likely to choose a whole-home vacation rental property over a hotel (39 per cent vs. 31 per cent).
- A third of Canadians (33 per cent) would prefer to stay in a whole-home vacation rental property when travelling with family or friends, rather than a hotel.
- When selecting an ideal vacation accommodation, 40 per cent of women say that it should feel comfortable, like home.
Indeed it is the summer of the staycation and vacation rentals are on the rise.
CanadaStays is Canada’s largest vacation rental marketplace with whole-home vacation rental properties including cottages, cabins, chalets and condos. For property owners, they offer a simple and effective marketing solution that gets their property listings in front of millions of people. For travellers, they provide unique accommodation options in destinations where they travel to most.
Yet now Canadian travellers have more choice!
CanadaStays has just announced a partnership with HomeAway, the world leader in vacation rentals. The deal allows CanadaStays to combine its 30,000 Canadian properties with HomeAway’s Canadian inventory to create an even richer marketplace for travellers looking to explore Canada.
In fact, travellers will now have the benefit of choosing from a combined total of 40,000 Canadian whole-home vacation rental properties.
The benefits of a whole-home vacation rental property:
- With more space, comfort, amenities and privacy, plus access to areas of Canada that hotels don’t service, CanadaStays is the ideal solution for Canadians looking to staycation this summer.
- For families or people travelling in groups of friends, a whole-home vacation rental provides exceptional value for the hard-earned dollar.
- CanadaStays has a quick and easy online booking system which makes planning a summer vacation – simple and worry-free. Travellers have access to honest user ratings and reviews prior to booking, promoting transparency within the rental community.
Looking forward to a staycation this summer? Check out these popular choices:
- Muskoka: www.canadastays.com/family-compound-on-skeleton-lake-cottage/
- Haliburton: www.canadastays.com/haliburton-lakefront-paradise-cottage-on/
- Mont Tremblant: www.canadastays.com/tremblant-6br-chalet-ski-mont-tremblant-qc/
- Cape Breton: www.canadastays.com/oceanview-cape-breton-farmhouse-vacation-home-ns/
- Whistler: www.canadastays.com/glacier-view-chalet-ski-whistler-bc/
- Newfoundland: www.canadastays.com/goose-cove-retreat-cottage-trinity-nl/
Before you rent for your summer staycation, here are the top tips:
- Research the owner – look them up on the internet
- Talk to the owner – don’t do this over email/text message
- Research the property – read reviews, check Google Maps
- Get a rental agreement – sets expectations
- Pay by credit card – provides maximum protection
May you all have a fun staycation this summer!