Balsamic Meatball Sliders recipe – a taste that stands out and combines so well with the onions and peppers
Balsamic Meatball Sliders
Also try this Chipotle Slaw Burger too!
One of my all-time cooking tips when it comes to feeding my family of five – is to dress up my favourites! In the past I’ve made a recipe right out of left field, and had it be a total flop with my family.
Not because the recipe was bad tasting, just because it was so unusual from the norm. Not that it’s frowned upon to branch out and try different foods, but sometimes baby steps are a good way to diversify the palate.
This is especially true when it comes to kids, I’m looking at you picky kids! I’ve been making the same two meatball recipes for as long as I can remember.
They are similar in taste, but what I’d consider the most common type of meatball. My family loves meatballs, but sometimes I do get bored with the same-same all the time.
So, when I discovered the dress up your faves section on Kraft Canada, I knew I had to try out one of their recipes. Each meatball recipe incorporates a different flavour of Kraft dressing, making each one a totally different meatball. Brilliant, right?
I tried their Balsamic Bistro Meatballs, which are served on a slider bun. While they are really tasty on their own, I love the idea of making little hamburgers/slider out of them, so I’ve adopted the name Balsamic Meatball Sliders instead.
Balsamic Meatball Sliders features Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, a taste that stands out and combines so well with the onions and peppers. Instead of baking them as meatball shape, I did flatten mine out a bit so that they’d stay on the slider bun better. This really is a great recipe to try sooner rather than later!
What is your favourite meatball recipe?
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef, 450 g
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 8 slider buns
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix meat, yellow onions, bread crumbs, egg and 1/4 cup dressing just until blended; shape into 8 (3-inch) meatballs. Place on foil-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 26 to 28 min. or until done (160ºF). Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add peppers and red onions; cook 5 to 10 min. or until onions begin to caramelize and peppers are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place meatballs on bottom halves of buns; top with vegetable mixture and remaining dressing. Cover with tops of buns.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 538 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 111mg Sodium: 142mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 9g Protein: 32g