This Spiced Chili Cheese Fries recipe is the same great taste of traditional chili cheese fries, but made with spices to cut calories and fat!
Spiced Chili Cheese Fries
When eating out in restaurants, I usually order items that I don’t make at home. I had a discussion to this effect with a friend last week while out for lunch.
After ordering a club sandwich with a side of seasoned fries, she asked me why I don’t ever make this sort of meal myself at home. This made me think.
After all, I strive to bring my family meals that they would all enjoy, and I know for certain they love sandwiches and fries. Plus, the meal would be very simple to make.
So why not serve some of our restaurant favourites at home for a double win? Even if it’s an easy side dish.
After this conversation, I realized that I may have developed a habit of over-complicating my cooking. I decided that I should get back to basics once in a while, making only minor additions and changes when I feel the need to get more creative.
So, for dinner one night I did just that: I Modifry-ed some Superfries for a simple side dish. With the addition of few simple ingredients in the form of spices, I turned the usual much-loved fries into a whole different taste that made everyone happy.
Spiced Chili Cheese Fries is fries kicked up a notch! All the taste of sinful chili cheese fries with just three spices to create the flavour.
As an added bonus, the resulting dish contains fewer calories and is easier to make than typical fully loaded chili fries.
In fact, the three required spices for this recipe (chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder) are most likely already in your cupboard!
This Spiced Chili Cheese Fries recipe is a flavourful, light and fresh twist on fries that you’ll be happy to share with family and friends. Meals are more fun when you modify your fries!
- 1 Pkg McCain® Superfries
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- parmesan cheese and chopped green onion, optional
- Open the bag of McCain® Superfries and add the olive oil and toss bag to evenly coat. Cook the fries as per package directions on a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the spices. Then, 5 minutes before the fries are finished, take them out of the oven and add fries into the bowl. I loosely hold the lid on the bowl and shake gently to coat the fries with the seasoning.
- Return now coated fries to the cookie sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- When they’re done, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped onions if you so choose.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129 Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 10mg Carbohydrates: 1g