I never had to deal with skin sensitivity at all until one of my twins starting showing signs of it. She suffered from eczema as a baby and suddenly I was thrust into a whole new world. So, with newborn twins at my side, I gathered all the information I could on what aggravates skin sensitivities, doing what I could to lessen the discomfort of my child.
Canadian dermatologist Dr. Sandy Skotnicki has some tips to help avoid allergic reactions and other skin sensitivity issues:
- Avoid fragrances and or botanicals in your daily washing, soaps, detergents and moisturizers, as they can be both irritants and allergens. Test out a detergent like the new Tide Pods Free & Gentle. For people with sensitive skin seeking a detergent free of dyes and perfumes, Tide Pods Free & Gentle provides a deep clean that leaves behind no dyes or perfumes on fabrics, for gentleness on skin.
- Stick to non-foaming “soaps” in the shower. They do not strip the skin of its natural oils.
- Only shower or bath once a day. Water dries out the skin.
- Make sure that you keep bathing times to under 15 minutes and avoid using hot water.
- After bathing, pat dry. Rubbing your body with a towel will remove moisture and further dry out your skin.
Luckily, I only had to deal with this a short time, after about 2 years my child’s sensitivity lessened to the point where I could start using ‘usual’ detergents without a problem.
These days I find that her skin only gets drier than usual in the winter months, and she is more prone to heat rashes than my other children during the summer. So, while it’s now only a minor sensitivity that only shows itself a few times a year, I like to have dye and perfume free detergents on hand, to use when I think she might need some extra TLC.
For years, Tide has offered scent-free liquid laundry detergent, but now there’s more choice in products thanks to the arrival of Tide Pods Free & Gentle! It’s Tide Pods For Sensitive Skin!
If detergents for sensitive skin are on your radar, now you have the option of pods as well, they are so convenient to use. No scoops or measuring – just throw one into the washer.
The New Tide Pods For Sensitive Skin are a great pair for Ultra Downy Free & Sensitive and even Bounce Free & Sensitive. From wash to dry, there’s no scents left behind on the clothing.
By entering the following contest you are accepting that if you win your contact information will be shared with
a P&G PR agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom program, however, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected.