The twins finished Kindergarten last week, and I got the first sweet taste of summer holidays. That first twinge of summer fever struck, with the windows open and the scent of cut grass wafting into the house.
Energy hit – hard! I started cleaning house, throwing away/packing up end of school paperwork that came home and going through closets and cupboards. You might not notice the organized chaos at a glance, yet it’s there. For now.
Isabelle finished Grade 4 yesterday and summer holidays officially began! As I drove away from the school, the biggest smile spread across my face. Freedom! We went to the movies, had popcorn and chocolate for dinner and stayed up way too late.
Reflecting on the last 10 months, here’s what I won’t miss:
- packing lunches
- signing agendas and forms
- alarm clocks
- the rush to get out the door to school and activities
- going back and forth from the school, 3 times a day
- doing the girls hair. it’s overrated and same goes with my own
- setting out outfits, wear what you want now – I don’t care!
- cold unforgotten coffee, I’m actually finishing a cup now!
- the clutter of backpacks and school-crap, it’s already washed and packed away
- sticking to a schedule, meh, it’s whatever goes now!
Here I am, enjoy a plethora of everything right now. My head is swirling with the promise of the next 2 months. Typing away, with a cup of coffee and in my pyjamas. Life is good.
I’m not even sure the girls are dressed right now or if they’ve brushed their teeth yet. Honestly, I can’t be bothered to even ask. Right now I’m enjoying the moment. It’s summer. IT’S SUMMER!
What won’t you miss about the school year?
How are you celebrating the start of summer holidays?