One of my favourite desserts to make is anything ‘bars’. You can cut them as small or big as you like, and are a no-fail recipe to make. These simple Vanilla Bars are like heaven in every bite.
One of my favourite desserts to make is anything ‘bars’. They are great for a treat at home or for taking to special occasions like school functions and as a thank you for a dinner invite.
You can cut them as small or big as you like, and usually they are a no-fail recipe to make.
Better yet? A bar recipe which calls for some of my favourite ingredients which I usually always have on hand.
I really do have a love for recipes that call for baking essentials, without that extra trip to the store. Just like this recipe for Vanilla Bars.
Everything in this recipe is always in my pantry or added to the list when I use it up. Meaning, it’s a great one to make last minute!
Most of the work in this Vanilla Cream Bars recipe is the baking of the crust and waiting for the pudding layer to chill onto the base.
Other than that, it’s simply mixing up the ingredients. Which, thanks to my KitchenAid Mixer, is no work at all.
Here’s the very best part: the sprinkles make the recipe. Meaning, you can get occasion sprinkles suited to holidays if you like. Little shamrocks for St. Patricks Day to tiny Snowmen for Christmas – it’s a recipe for all seasons! You can even choose a solid colour to match the theme of a party or fancy it up with silver balls for a more formal occasion.
Really, it’s one of those recipe that will come in handy all year long!
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1/3 cup white sugar
- • 1 cup butter, softened
- • 1 80z. package cream cheese, softened
- • 1 cup icing sugar
- • 1 package vanilla pudding mix, 4 serving size
- • 3/4 cup cold milk
- • Coloured sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour and sugar. Add in the butter and beat with an electric mixer on medium until crumbly.
- Add the dough mixture to a 13x9 inch ungreased pan and press down to make the shortbread base.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until edges of the shortbread are golden. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and icing sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Add milk and pudding mix and continue to beat until smooth.
- Spoon the pudding mixture on the shortbread base and spread with a spoon evenly to cover.
- Sprinkle coloured sprinkles on top.
- Put in the fridge to set for a minimum one hour. I find it’s easier to cut if you leave it set overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 271mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g