We all know Canadian winters can be downright ruthless, putting both your mind and body to the test. Yet this particular one seems to be a lot worse, I really don’t recall the last time we’ve seen such a harsh Winter.
Many Canadians, like myself, are trying like mad to keep the family healthy. While we all like to think of ourselves as winter warriors, sometimes our immune systems start to crack under pressure.
Protect your family from the cold and flu this winter by recognizing the telltale signs, taking preventative measures and acting fast.
Think you might be on the verge of something you would rather avoid? Look out for these symptoms as signs that you might be losing the battle:
Prevention – follow these simple tips and you might be able to avoid what’s going around:
- Sleep – Everyone needs a good night’s sleep; proper shut-eye allows your body to rest and keeps your immune system strong
- Multivitamin – A multivitamin can certainly help maintain good health and it’s important to have one that you’ll enjoy and remember to take. Vitafusion™ MultiVites™ adult gummy vitamins (yes, gummies for big kids!) contain the essential vitamins you need. For the kids, try L’il Critters™ GummyVites™. Kids love the flavour so much that if you forget to give them their vitamins, they’ll remind you!
- Exercise – With a busy routine maintaining an exercise schedule can feel like a chore, but regular exercise is an easy way to keep your body strong, helping your immune system fight off illnesses such as a cold or flu1
- Wash your hands – Your best protection from the common cold and flu is frequent hand washing
Weren’t able to avoid those nasty Canadian cold and flu bugs? Here are some tips to help get you back on your feet, tout suite:
- Treatment: With ingredients like ginger and willow bark, Gravol’s® Natural Source Multi Symptom will help you kick that cold to the curb. This all-in-one pain, fever and nausea reliever won’t leave you feeling drowsy either, because we all know you’ve got a million things to do
- Exercise: Just as much of a preventative measure as it is a solution; don’t let sore muscles and joints stop you from being active. Bring out the triple threat – RUB A535® Triple Action Cream cools, warms and soothes to keep you going. Exercising will help your body fight the cold, improve your mood, boost your energy and help you sleep2 , a win-win situation
- Drink Fluids: Just like your parents always said, drink lots of hot liquids to soothe your throat, thin your mucus and put you on the road to recovery
- Vitamin C: No time to peel 10 tangerines? Try Vitafusion™ Power C™ adult gummy vitamins to up your vitamin C intake. Delicious orange flavour and yummy gummy texture will make remembering to take them the easiest thing you do today
Disclosure: I received product to facilitate this review, all opinions are my own.