Are you making cupcakes for Valentine’s Day? Why not take this opportunity to use that sweet tooth for a good cause?
The initiative originally began by the RSPCA in Australia and began in parts of Canada last year. For 2014, new sponsors jumped in to help even more SPCAs all across Canada. It’s a delicious way to show your support of animal welfare across the country and simple to participate. All proceeds raised go to support our animal friends.
How to Participate
To become a National Cupcake Day Host, here’s what you can do:
- Register for FREE at www.nationalcupcakeday.ca
- You will receive a FREE Cupcake Host Welcome Package in the mail, which includes a poster, sticker, balloons and fundraising guide and recipes to get you started!
- Personalize your National Cupcake Day™ Online Bakery page and send it out to family and friends – here is my own Online Bakery.
- Encourage friends and family to support you by donating online. You can share on Facebook, Twitter and there is an email template to send out as well.
- Plan your National Cupcake Day™ Party for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to eat your cupcakes.
- Bake, decorate, eat and share delicious cupcakes to raise funds for Canada’s SPCA’s & Humane Societies!
- Collect and return funds to SPCA’s & Humane Societies in your community (visit www.nationalcupcakeday.ca for a list of who’s participating)
Last month I shared a super delicious Raspberry Dream Cupcakes recipe that I made for National Cupcake Day. Perhaps Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting is more your taste? This recipe is from Anna Olson, Celebrity Chef and host of Food Network Canada’s Bake with Anna Olson. She joined the party this year as a Cupcake Crusader and a supporter of animals and the SPCA.
Of course you can always opt to just donate to the cause without baking. My Online Bakery is taking donations to support our local SPCA, a place where we have taken animals home with us in the past. These days we still visit often to cuddle the animals, the girls love spending some time with the cats and dogs.
In 2013 animal lovers across Canada raised over $400,000 to support their favourite societies with this initiative, so let’s make 2014 an even bigger one and join in Cupcakes for a Cause!
** Also, don’t forget to to enter to win my own giveaway for a National Cupcake Day Prize Pack valued at $250!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, yet as usual, opinions are my own.