The first time I tried Proactiv, by Guthy-Renker, was after I had my oldest daughter. The hormones of pregnancy caused a whole mess of chaos on my face. After only a week of use, my blemishes were gone and my face looked great. After a few months, I stopped using Proactiv yet can still say to this day that it helped my complexion a ton, when it needed it most. Yet, every once in a while, I think I should start using it again, for the occasional breakout I still experience. I am participating in a 30-day New Proactiv Challenge, as a blog tour from Mom Central. And, it couldn’t have come at a better time, since the weather, the stress of the holidays and daily sweating from going to the gym is taking an effect on my skin. My goal is to regain balance of my skin.
The products I will be using consists of a 3 Step System, which is designed for daily use in the prevention and treatment of blemishes, gently cleanses and exfoliates while targeting blemish-causing bacteria in the pores. Included in the New Proactiv 3 Step System are:
- New, exclusive micro-crystal pharmaceutical-grade benzoyl peroxide
- Smaller, finer particles quickly penetrate pores, attack and heal blemishes fast
- Tiny, round exfoliating beads gently remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells
- Refreshing alcohol-free toner refines and purifies pores
- Glycolic acid exfoliates dead skin cells to help keep pores unplugged
- Botanical-rich formula soothes and hydrates acne-prone skin
- Feather-light, invisible medicated lotion kills acne-causing bacteria
- Features pharmaceutical-grade benzoyl peroxide as an antimicrobial
- Ultra-fine micro-crystal pharmaceutical-grade benzoyl peroxide penetrates pores fast while being gentle on the skin
There are also trained Skin Care Advisors available, which provide round-the-clock guidance and education to ensure that you get the best possible treatment!
I am really excited to participate in the 30 day challenge with Mom Central, and will update in a month on my thoughts and how it worked for me.
Disclosure: I was provided with product to facilitate this post, opinions are my own.